Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday

Most of the tackling today happened outdoors. My daughter leaves for college on Thursday, and we went clothes shopping. Two Kohl's have opened in nearing cities, and we tried both. The closer one is smaller, but for some reason has a larger selection. She found lots of nice things, and the prices were very reasonable, actually better than I'd expected, which is great.

A couple of days ago, we went to the Kohl's that's farther from home. It's pretty big, two stories with a large home decor section. I'd been wanting a new comforter set for the master bedroom, since ours was old, faded, and the bed skirt had ripped twice. I found one set which I fell in love with, partly because the colors match the paint color and the curtains already in the bedroom, and partly because the price of $115 for an 8 piece reversable king size set was too good to be true. I fixed up the bed, which looked gorgeous, but when my hubby saw the curtains, he said they looked drab, and told me to find some nicer ones. So we went to Kohl's today looking for curtains, only they didn't have any, so we went to Target instead. I found some lovely curtains and put them up right away.



I love the way it turned out - it looks so elegant! Of course most of my day went in shopping, so at my house this week, it'll be Tackle it Wednesday! God bless!

Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by Susan at 5 Minutes For Mom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pretty combination!

I was blog browsing and landed here. Hope you'll stop by my blog!

Kristi said...

That looks absolutely wonderful! I'm so glad you were able to receive such a blessing. I've heard so many good things over the years about Kohl's. I've only been there once myself, but may consider actually going someday!

Tracey said...

Love how the bedroom looks!! Great job!