Friday, August 14, 2009

The Week in Review

This week was a bit more exciting than usual, which was fun. It's good to get out of the everyday ordinary activities and experience something new.

Monday - We went to the beach, and had an extraordinary experience with beaked whales. You can read about it here. I especially liked talking to LT, the missionary. In less than half a day, we solved all the worlds problems ;-). I think she and I will become good friends.

Tuesday - I had to run to fourth grade orientation for my son E. Much of it was review but there was information I was glad to receive. School begins August 24 and I need to be ready. In the afternoon I went to the library by myself because it was raining. I finished reading Wuthering Heights, but I was disappointed; the story is too dark for my tastes. I decided on something more lighthearted, so I got Pollyanna and Little Women. I've already finished Pollyanna. Such a sweet story! I'll probably start Little Women tomorrow.

Wednesday - I got a visit from a dear lady from where I used to work. She was the cleaning lady, a darling Christian woman who was like a mother to me. We talked for 2 hours! Her daughter just had a baby, her first granddaughter (she has 3 grandsons) and she couldn't stop telling me about her. I was so happy to see her, and to see her so happy. It had been almost a year since we'd last seen each other, though we've kept in touch by phone. It was so nice to bond again.

Thursday - E and I went to the park for a little while. We haven't been able to go out much because it's been either excruciatingly hot or pouring rain. Yesterday I felt something I hadn't felt in some time: a breeze. Cool breeze too, not the hot wind that has been blowing for the past month or so. It was a nice change. Of course, we practically had to run out of the park before the next rain storm hit, but at least E was able to play in the playground for a while. He needed the exercise (those were his words!).

Friday - Grocery shopping is done, and I've bought presents for one cousin's new baby and another cousin's little boy who turned 2 a couple weeks ago. I went a little over budget, I think, because I needed to get some extra things for my daughter who leaves next Thursday to school. Maybe I'm still in budget; need to work up the figures.

I'm off to do my hair now; growth groups tonight. We'll be finishing Discerning the Voice of God, and everyone is bringing snacks. Can't wait to spend time with these wonderful ladies who have taught me so much. This weekend is the last one with my daughter, so I hope we can spend some time together. We've had several mom-daughter conversations which we've both needed, and I'm going to miss that alot. Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

No comments: