Saturday, September 12, 2009

Observing My Senses

For Today, September 12, 2009...

I am seeing...a dark and gloomy day. It has rained daily since Tuesday and more rain is on the way. Thankfully my son was able to cut the grass this morning - it was starting to look like a jungle out there!

I am feeling...some pain in my thumb, still. I thought I'd sprained it, but I'm beginning to think it's arthritis. The pain comes and goes, and it's mostly in my knuckle. What makes it difficult is that it's my right hand, making it painful to write.

I am tasting...burgers and fries made on the indoor grill. Even though this is South Florida and technically we can grill outdoors year-round, it's been a very rainy summer and most people haven't had as many outdoor grilling days as other years.

I am hearing...thunder in the distance. The storm alarms will be going off soon in the park across the street, and we'll be seeing and hearing the rain fall before long.

I am smelling...the lingering smell of burgers. That's the problem with indoor grilling - the smell stays around for a long time.

It takes just a moment to stop and observe what's going on around you. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

J&J said...

If you have arthritis...try a tea spoon of "certo" and stir it in a glass of grape juice every morning. You can purchase certo at most food markets.