Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 8, 2009...

Outside my window...typical day in South Florida: blazing sun in the morning, thunderstorms in the afternoon. It'll be this way through September, and probably most of October. I don't mind, so long as we don't get hurricanes...

I am thinking...of how easy it is to gain weight when you're on vacation. I was gone 3 days and gained 3 pounds. Can you imagine what would happen if I were gone 2 weeks?!?!

I am thankful...that we arrived home safe and can get back to our normal schedule.

From the learning rooms...E is back in school this morning. He enjoyed the break, though.

From the kitchen...I'll be making lots of ground beef, E's favorite. Tacos, sloppy joes, ground beef & rice, meatballs, you name it he loves it.

I am wearing...one of my daughter's university t-shirts, brown and white shorts and sandals.

I am hoping
...no one notices this daybook is a day late due to Labor Day weekend (oops, I gave it away!).

I am going...to unpack and do a lot of laundry. I mean A LOT!!

I am creating...a fall look for the family room. This room is already furnished in fall colors: the sofa and chairs are olive green and the drapery is red, gold, green and blue stripes. I just need to add a few little details.

I am reading...Mark for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, finished Persuasion by Jane Austen and will be starting Mansfield Park by the same.

I am hearing
...the clicking of the keyboard, and nothing else. Blessed silence.

Around the house...family room cleaning and decorating, sweep everywhere, and of course laundry.

One of my favorite things...is surprising my daughter with a weekend at her school. Okay, this was the first time I ever did it, but it was so much fun!

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...on this whole President speaking to the children issue: I have no problem with President's speaking to children, or reading books to them (many have already done it); just don't mix your agenda into the message. Pray for wisdom for our President, that he may speak to the children about topics concerning children (staying in school, not using drugs) and keep the adult agenda for the adults.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...okay, I said I'd post a pic of the dining room, but hubby took the camera along with my memory card! I guess I can't show it off till he gets back from his trip. Sorry!! Have a blessed week.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thank you for sharing you Daybook - I love dipping into the thoughts of my fellow bloggers ;)

And AMEN to your prayer request! I have no problem with the President encouraging children to do their best - but I was very concerned about the study guide as originally written. The classroom is not the place for politics, regardless of our personal beliefs ;)

Have a lovely week - Kathy