Monday, September 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 14, 2009...

Outside my window...skies are beginning to get overcast. We've had the rainiest summer I can remember, and it isn't done yet.

I am thinking...about the mountain of laundry my hubby brought back home. Just when you think you're all caught up.

I am thankful for...my husband arriving last night safe and sound from his trip.

I am wearing
...a green t-shirt, khaki capris and brown sandals.

I am remembering...friends from school (elementary, intermediate and high) who are now finding me on facebook. I hadn't heard from these people in years. Good to see how well they're doing.

I am creating...my morning devotions.

I am going...to try and get as much of this laundry done today as possible.

I am reading...Luke for devotions, Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

I am hoping...to have my small group ladies over this Friday for a girl's night in. The Lord has been convicting me for not attending to these fine women who are my friends and sisters in Christ. Just because small groups are on hiatus doesn't mean we can't reach out to one another in love.

On my mind...E's school project: a diorama of something that represents Florida. I'm gonna have to get some Play-doh.

From the learning rooms...had open house at school last week. Kids will be doing alot of writing this year, as they will be tested on it in February.

I am noticing that...the mornings have been cooler even though the afternoons are still humid and in the 90's. Could it be autumn approaches?

I am pondering these words: "You can take away everything that I've been holding, you can take away the sun. You can take away the very air that I've been breathing but you can't take away my God." - by MikesChair (Christian band).

From the kitchen...homemade lasagna. It's my husband's favorite.

Around the house...have I mentioned laundry yet? Finish autumn decorating and take pictures now that the camera is back.

One of my favorite things...is decorating the house according to the season. Nice change of pace that makes the house feel new again.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Small group leaders meeting tomorrow, Awana and Bible Study on Wednesday, and get-together with ladies on Friday. Sunday our church is celebrating our 9 year anniversary with baptism and all kinds of activities for the kids. I'll be teaching in children's ministry so it should be lots of fun.

From my picture journal
...gotta get the camera back and take some pics. I'll get that updated this week.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

God bless, have a great week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely daybook. I hear you about the laundry!

Here's mine if you'd like to visit

Daybook

Love Bears All Things said...

I love to cook Honey Bear's favorite food when he is home from a trip, too.
It does seem when one thinks they're caught up on laundry, there is always something waiting such as linens.
Palm trees, flamingos, and shells come to mind when you say Florida.
I'm anxious to decorate for Fall. I hope once it is here, it lasts three months. It never seems to last as long as winter and summer for some reason.
Mama Bear

Mrs. O said...

Glad to hear bro-in-law is home safely. Hopefully he didn't catch anything that's brewing to get him sick now that he's home. That always seems to happen to me.

Tara said...

Thank you for stopping by today. Mountains of laundry sounds familiar. I am also in Fl and the rain this year has been something. I noticed the mornings also, though you can't enjoy it due to the enormous ferocious mosquitoes that are all around.