Monday, September 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 28, 2009...

Outside my window...no change in sight. Hot, humid, lots of mosquitos. Not much rain these days, but excessively hot.

I am thinking...about our small group starting up this Friday, and the 21 ladies that signed up! Wow! I never had a group that large! This is why God had me take that leadership class this month. I need all the knowledge I can get.

I am thankful...that after over a year, I'm still a stay at home mom.

I am wearing...brown tank top, brown and white shorts, sandals. Too hot to wear anything else.

I am remembering...how small my kids once were. I see kids I used to carry having children of their own now, and it reminds me of when I was a young mother. How time flies.

I am creating...or at least I want to create, a tighter schedule so I can get more things done in less time. Can I do it?

I am going...well, I was going to take the TV set to the repair shop, but it's soo heavy my hubby will have to get a couple of guys to load it into the car.

I am reading...Luke for devotions, and Emma by Jane Austen. It's actually pretty funny (early 19th century humor).

I am hoping...E and I can finish Lunchbox and the Aliens before Tuesday when it goes back to the library.

On my mind...gotta get all the dust out from behind the bedroom wall unit while I can. That piece of furniture is so large and heavy, but hubby moved it to try and get the TV out. Now I can get back there and do some serious dusting.

From the learning rooms...no school today! So E and I will be doing lots of reading.

I am noticing that...my son is growing by leaps and bounds. He is taller than his great-grandmother, and he's only 9! She's very petite, but still, he's grown 1/4" this summer. And he hasn't even hit his growth spurt yet!

I am pondering these words..."But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts." - 1 Thessalonians 2:4.

From the kitchen...tacos!

Around the house...tidy up, wash linens, put away laundry.

One of my favorite things...lemonade. Refreshing!

A few plans for the rest of the week: The TV in the bedroom died yesterday, and my hubby is desperate to get it fixed, so gotta find out how that'll get done. Awana on Wednesday, Scouts on Thursday, and our first small group meeting on Friday. Prayers for our women's group are requested!

From my picture journal...my little one in his Scout uniform. I couldn't resist posting another one:

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments: