Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tackle It Tuesdays

What have I been tackling? Today it was bathrooms. Well, typically on Tuesdays I do bathrooms. I like to maintain something of a schedule, because it helps me feel organized. After that, I tackled lunch/dinner. We usually have a big lunch and either a light dinner or leftovers from lunch. I cook plenty so that my oldest son can take food with him to work as opposed to spending money on junk food. After school my youngest and I tackled the libraries. We have 2 in the area, and had to return books to both. I've been reading Jane Austen's books and loving them. I read Sense and Sensibility first, then Pride and Prejudice. I found Persuasion and Mansfield Park at the library last month and was glad, since the first 2 are usually the only ones available. I was returning Mansfield Park today and was thrilled to find Emma, which I'd never seen at the library. Score!!! The only one I'll be missing after that is Northanger Abbey. Jane Austen's books, set in Georgian times (before the Victorian era) are so beautifully written I could read them over and over. I may just ask for them for Christmas!

Wow, I guess I tackled quite a bit today after all! How about you?

Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by Susan at 5 Minutes For Mom.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

You sure did a lot today! That reminds me I have to make a trip to the library. Maybe tomorrow!

Robyn
Mom All Day
http://momallday.blogspot.com/

Kristi said...

I'm glad you found some treasures. I love our local library here. You can look online and find all the books they have all over their system. If you find one you want, but it isn't at your local library, you can put it on hold and they will ship it from a different library in their system. I've never had that anywhere else. It's really come in handy for homeschooling (and my own personal reading) We saw the sun today! Horray! It actually still exists here!