Friday, September 25, 2009

The Week in Review

Another week gone by! My how time flies!

Monday I got up early and got to cleaning my bedroom. So much dust accumulates in there! The wall unit takes an hour to clean, but once it's done it looks great. Finished laundry, got everything pretty much under control. Love it!

Tuesday we went to the library to drop off some books that were due. I'd finished Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, and as I'm reading all her books I wondered when I'd find another one. God knew how much I was enjoying them, and I found Emma at the big library! I was surprised; usually I find the classics more readily at the small library closer to our house. But I'm not complaining! I'm enjoying this novel so far. It's a bit of a comedy, different from the other Jane Austen books I've read.

Wednesday was church. I'd invited one of the ladies from my small group to sign up her boys for Awana, and she joined me for that and Bible study. Our home church doesn't have anything for children during the week, but a local Baptist church does. I think it's so important to instill a love of meeting together in our children. She was thanking me over and over, because she learned alot in Bible study and her kids are excited about learning too. I was feeling so good about it. We were getting ready to leave when we realized: it was pouring rain! My son E said it was because I'd forgotten the "magic" umbrella. Whenever I bring my umbrella with me it doesn't rain; I'd left the umbrella so it stands to reason the rains would come. Thankfully my friend IR ran to her car while I stayed with the boys and got a couple umbrellas and we were able to get to the car dry. She's such a sweet dear friend, I'm glad we were able to spend this time together.

Thursday was E's first Cub Scout meeting:

Yes, he's excited about it! He's in Webelos I, which is for kids in the fourth grade. I'm excited and anxious to see how he handles this; we are not campers by any means. Give me the comforts of home anyday! Sleeping with bugs is not our idea of having a good time, but I'm hoping as he sees other kids enjoying it he'll take a leap of faith. Boy Scouts teach good moral values along with camping and other activities, which made the decision easier. And of course my son begged and begged to join. New adventures coming our way!

Fridays are my shopping day. I've been complaining the last month about our Wal-mart which is doing extensive remodeling. It's part of Project Impact, where all Wal-mart's will be revamping and moving things around to attract customers to different areas that maybe they never paid attention to before. It's a mad house in there now. Each week some other department has moved or changed, and it's like going through a maze trying to find anything. I leave with a headache every time I go. I was so thankful for my Winn-Dixie which is always the same and I know where everything is. So guess what I found this morning when I went to my wonderful Winn-Dixie? That's right - they're remodeling!!! Ugh!!! Can't we just leave well enough alone? Oh well, at least Winn-Dixie is smaller, and the employees are so helpful. They happily direct their customers to find whatever we need as the work is going on. Wal-mart employees, unfortunately, seem as lost as the customers! I'd gotten home, finished putting everything away, made lunch for me and hubby, and was just done eating when I got a call from the school: E wasn't feeling well. Hmm. I kind of suspected what it might be, and I was right. He was constipated. He's feeling much better now, but I'm gonna have to put my foot down and get him eating more fiber. Just think, in another 3-4 years he'll be eating me out of house and home and I'll wonder how I worried about stuff like this. Life's funny that way.

I'm praying for a quiet, restful weekend, for myself and all my friends. God bless you!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

They remodeled our Walmart several months ago, and yes...it was a total mess. It was horrible trying to shop there until they were done. I didn't like all the changes, but I guess the store does have a nicer newer look to it. I just tried to focus on how hard it must have been for the employees. Way worse than it was for me, I'm sure.