Monday, September 14, 2009

What is THAT?!?!

At least, that was my reaction when I saw this peeking at me from my living room window:



Now, here in South Florida we have lizards, geccos as they're also known, and they're pretty small. Typically they're no more than 4" in length. But this face I knew belonged to something bigger. So I checked it out from outside:



Mind you, this is a baby iguana. I've seen the big ones, and they can be as long as a baby gator. We have a canal about 7 or 8 blocks from our house and it's chock full of 'em. Once in a while they roam around, especially when it's been raining as much as it's been here. They're looking for drier ground. They don't usually come this far, though, so I was surprised to see the little guy outside my window. I don't go near them; you never know how they'll react to strangers. What attracts me is how colorful these creatures are. I'm glad to be able to share this wonderous animal with you.

No comments: