Thursday, October 1, 2009

Proverbs Thought of the Day

We are starting a new growth group series entitled "Vintage Wisdom". It's a study into the book of Proverbs. Each day I'll be reading the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the day, and we'll have small groups on Fridays to discuss the week's reading. I'll be posting thoughts on each day's reading to share.

Proverbs chapter 1

Most of us know Proverbs 1:7 - "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." But what are the consequences of ignoring God's wisdom?

"Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord,
would have none of my counsel, and despised all my reproof,
therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way and be sated with their own devices.
For waywardness kills the simple, and the complacency of fools destroys them;
but those who listen to me will be secure and will live at ease, without dread of disaster."

- Proverbs 1:29-33

No comments: