Monday, October 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 5, 2009...



Outside my window...it's still summer, even though the calendar says otherwise. We got a "cold" front last week; temps went from 92 degrees to 88. They're back up in the 90's again. No relief.



I am thinking...of the difference between wisdom and knowledge. Might post something about that later.



I am thankful...for the ladies who showed up Friday for growth groups. The group turned out smaller than I expected, but many have told me they'll be with us this coming Friday.



I am wearing...a royal blue tank top with blue button down shirt over it, light blue capris and sandals.



I am remembering...that I serve in children's ministry this week, so I've got to email a reminder to my team.



I am creating...notes for this week's growth group meeting.



I am going...to wait for the satellite technician to come and make some changes to our system.



I am reading...John for morning devotions, finishing up Luke for SOAP devotions. Have a new book to read but I haven't had time to start it.



I am hoping...the satellite technician doesn't get here before 10:00am.



On my mind...the busy week ahead.



From the learning rooms...E is doing well so far. We started reading a new book, Eddie the Dog Holder, that we got from the library. Well, new to us anyway. It was written in 1966.



I am noticing that...temperatures are dropping all around the country, but ours seem to go up or stay in the 90's. Are we never to see autumn this year?



I am pondering these words...from the song Unbreakable by Fireflight: "Sometimes it's hard to just keep going. But faith is moving without knowing. Can I trust what I can't see to reach my destiny? I want to take control but I know better."



From the kitchen...kielbasa and yellow rice. I didn't make it last week.



Around the house...I have some laundry left to do, and the family room needs a deep cleaning, but I've got to wait till the technician is come and gone before I can get started.



One of my favorite things...is a home cooked meal. Sure, going out every once in a while is nice, but nothing beats the tastes of home.


A few plans for the rest of the week: It's a pretty busy week, actually. Satellite repairman today, library tomorrow, Awana and Bible study on Wednesday, Cub Scouts on Thursday, growth groups on Friday. I teach this week in children's ministry so I've gotta prepare for that too.


From my picture journal...my son and his best friend. They're in different Cub Scout packs but there's no competition. They're buddies.


Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Your weather thoughts sound like mine...I'm so very ready for it to feel like Fall but it just isn't where I live in Florida!

Jerralea said...

Temps in the 90s? I hope fall comes
soon for you!

I enjoyed your daybook. Hope your busy week goes well.

Debbie said...

Sounds like a busy week.. I enjoyed your daybook. I am in California and we have FINALLY had a couple of nice cool days...Hope your week is blessed, Debbie

The Man Crew said...

Loved peeking into your life through your daybook! Over here in NM, we are still in the 90s or high 80s daily, but get some relief at night...it's not much, but I'm grateful for it! As for wisdom and knowledge...I have been pondering this as well, and also how they relate to understanding. Let me know what you think of the topics, would you? ;) Been reading Proverbs for a while now and they are the recurring themes. Anywho, really enjoyed your daybook. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Kristy

Kristi said...

There is deffinately a big difference between Wisdom and Knowledge. That would be a good post!