Monday, October 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 26, 2009...


Outside my window...the sun shines brightly and there isn't much of a breeze. The cold front we got last week has come and gone, and summer weather is back. I liked the reprieve. We're hoping to get another one soon.


I am thinking...about all the things I need to get done around the house because I was out of the house most of last week and this weekend. So much for being a "stay at home" mom!


I am thankful...for the announcement our pastor made yesterday at the volunteer appreciation picnic. Can't post about it yet - top secret! But it's so exciting to see what God is doing in and through our church.


I am wearing...an olive green t-shirt, pale blue capris and sandals. Doesn't sound like fall attire, does it?


I am remembering...the young man convicted of armed robbery. I continue to pray for his repentance.


I am creating...a cleaner neater home today. I have to. I can't stand it when the house is messy.


I am reading...Romans for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, Proverbs for growth groups. I started reading The Edge of Darkness by Francine Rivers but I haven't had time to get past the intro. It's been a hectic week.


I am hoping...my husband's insomnia goes away. He hasn't been able to sleep which makes him irritable (understandably so). Need to find some natural way to help him get some sleep.


On my mind...the pile of laundry I need to get to. Today.


From the learning rooms...I had a very productive meeting with E's teachers on Friday. They are listening to me (unlike last year's teachers) and are encouraging strategies to help E with reading comprehension. I'm so glad to finally have someone believe that my son needs additional help.


I am noticing that...my birthday is less than 2 months away. Where did this last year go?!?!


I am pondering these words...from the song "Beautiful King" by Danyew: "Every word that you say wields the beauty of angels. Every smile is arrayed with a joy like wedding bells. It's my heart you hold. Of your mystery I sing. I will stand and behold my Beautiful King."


From the kitchen...tilapia today. With noodles and salad. Ate too much this weekend, so I need to keep it light today.


Around the house...I'll be running around getting things done today. Laundry mostly.


One of my favorite things...is playing worship songs while driving. South Florida traffic can be a nightmare, but when I'm praising my King, it's like the traffic isn't even there.


A few plans for the rest of the week: there's no Awana this week because of a pastor's convention. Thursday the Cub Scouts will have their Halloween costumes and we'll be going to a local park. E gets his Webelos badge this week which is pretty exciting. Growth groups on Friday, then we'll see what the weekend brings.


From my picture journal...we went to a birthday party at Boomers on Saturday and my son was able to ride a go cart solo for the first time. The smile on his face could not be wiped off for hours. At least not until it was time to go home.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

Go carts are fun. I like the picture. I can't stand a messy house either. I'm behind in my cleaning because it's hard for me to use my left arm to reach. I hope you have a wonderful week. God bless, Doylene