Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tackle It Tuesdays

I wasn't sure if I'd be home today or not, thanks to the whole jury duty thing, so I got ahead of the game yesterday by cleaning and tidying up as much as I could. Today I tackled the two bathrooms which I didn't get to yesterday, and a couple of loads of laundry. Then I tackled the questions for Friday's Bible study.

We'll be looking at what Proverbs has to say about diligence verses laziness. Much as I brag about all I get done, I know there's laziness in my life I need to take care of. Things I put off because I'd rather not do them. Usually it involves time on the telephone or running errands. I hate being on the phone. I don't mean with friends, but calling businesses where you spend the first 20 minutes with a recording telling you to press 1, then press 4, then press 9, then enter your account number, etc. By the time a human being comes on I've forgotten what I called for! I tend to put those calls off as much as possible.

Then there's errands. Ugh! I admit I don't like to drive. I do it because we have a lousy public transportation system and it's the best way to get around, but I'd rather not have to get in my car if I can avoid it. Of course, God reminds me that these errands are important to the household, and that diligence means "constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken". I've undertaken to be a homemaker, to keep my home running efficiently so that my family can enjoy being here as much as I do. Therefore, after picking my son up from school I tackled a couple of errands that needed to get done. And you know what? I feel really good about it now.

Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by 5 Minutes For Mom.

No comments: