Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tackle It Tuesdays

There's good news and bad news. The good news is we were released from the courthouse at 2:30pm. The bad news is, closing arguments are tomorrow morning. That's another day of jury duty, and I'm sooo behind on my home duties. Thankfully E helped me fold and put away laundry yesterday (such a sweetheart).

Today, since I got home so much earlier than yesterday but still have to go report back for jury duty tomorrow, I chose to cook up 2 days worth of food. I had taken out close to 3 lbs. of ground beef which I browned. Then, I took about a third of it and used it to make a meat sauce. We had spaghetti and meat sauce, fresh baked bread and salad. My boys were happy for that home cooked meal! Then the balance of the meat I prepared sloppy joe style, and I'll put that away for dinner tomorrow. That way, when I get home, I just have to warm it up and make rice and a salad to go with it. I want to have the free time to get caught up with some of my chores.

Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know what you're dealing with at court, but it sounds like you at least are on the ball with dinner for your family! :) You'll be in my prayers!

Best,
Sarah

Cynthia said...

I can't imagine running between the two worlds of jury duty and meal making mama :) I hope the case wraps up so that you can get back into your routine again