Friday, October 2, 2009

The Week in Review

Monday was probably the day I got most stuff done around the house. I finished up laundry and did some cleaning in the bedrooms and kitchen. It was the only day I stayed home entirely (except when I dropped off and picked up my son from school). It was also the day the TV blew up ;-). Hubby was watching Sports Center on ESPN when the thing went zap! and turned off. I tried turning it on again but no way. What's funny is, this would have concerned me so much years ago, but now that I rarely watch any television, I couldn't have cared less.

Tuesday we went to the library. This time we just dropped books off. I didn't see anything that caught my attention. I have one of Francine Rivers' novels (Christian fiction writer) that I hope to start reading soon. Hubby wanted me to take the TV to the repair shop but it was just so heavy he couldn't get it into the car (I have an SUV). He went over to Brandsmart and got a flat screen TV, much different from what we had before. It's a 37" but it's too small for the wall unit, despite the fact that the TV that was there before was a 32". Yep, televisions take up less space in our rooms and more space in our minds these days.

Wednesday I got bathrooms done. We went to Awana and Bible study at night. Pastor spoke about being unequally yoked not only applying to marriage but other relationships too, like business partnerships. I think alot of people walked out thinking really hard on that.

Thursday my hubby finally got the TV loaded into the car, and off I went to find a repair shop. Not as many around as you might think - most people just toss out an old TV and upgrade. I found one but they wanted a $40 estimate fee and no guarantee it could be repaired. I don't think so. Found another one that took it and will give us a free estimate. 'Course, it's all the way on the other side of the city just south of us. Oh well. Then hubby returned the TV he'd bought because there was a better deal at Costco. See, this I think is a typical difference between men and women. Women research; we go online, we visit several stores, we compare brands and deals and stores before we make a purchase. Men go into a store, see what they want, and buy it. Then, if they see something they like better, they return and repurchase. My daughter and I laugh at this, while the men in the family see nothing wrong with it. We're just wired different. Oh, you're probably wondering why we're getting the other TV repaired if hubby bought a new one. He's thinking of selling the old one. I don't think it'll happen. No one wants those big cumbersome TV's anymore. I think one of two things will happen: 1) It'll be too expensive to repair and we'll scrap it, or 2) It'll be repaired and hubby will give it to his mother, because her TV is broken.

Thursday night was Cub Scouts. There's a Webelos campout this weekend, but E and I will only be going on Saturday, since Friday night is growth groups and Sunday morning is church. Most of the activities are on Saturday anyway, so he'll get the most important stuff. I watched my little boy tying knots last night, and he's just so handsome he melts my heart. I love my kids.

Friday, wonderful Friday. Growth groups start tonight, and I have 20 women signed up. It's a much bigger crowd than I'm accustomed to - no wonder God had me take that leadership class! I'm praying for a good turn out and women eager to learn how the book of Proverbs can help them in their daily life. And mine too, of course!

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Men are funny aren't they?! I will pray for you and that God will give you the wisdom to teach the group according to His will. I pray it will be a blessing to you and those who attend!