Friday, October 16, 2009

The Week in Review

I was amazed this morning as I saw the weather up north: bitter cold, snow in parts of the Midwest and even the Northeast, with more to come today. We've had record breaking heat for the last week and a half. We're expecting a cold front on Sunday, bringing the temperature down to 80 degrees. Won't be seeing much snow, that's for sure.

Monday - I spent the day cleaning, mopping, doing laundry, all because I didn't know what day I would have to go in for jury duty. Since it was Columbus Day the jury pool recording didn't get updated till 6:00pm. I found out then that I didn't have to report in to the court till next Monday. I'm afraid I got worked up about it for nothing. I'm not looking forward to going downtown and sitting Lord knows how long in the freezing cold rooms at the courthouse, but then again it's my duty. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Tuesday - I tackled the bathrooms which was the only thing I hadn't done on Monday. In the afternoon I picked up my son from school, went to the bank, then returned some stuff to the library. Boy, was I tired when I finally sat down!

Wednesday - Church on Wednesday night. E went to Awana, which he always tells me he loves, and I went with my friend to Bible study. Pastor spoke on praying like Jesus. I took lots of notes. Afterwards we had prayer at our tables. I left feeling so refreshed. I love Wednesday night church service!

Thursday - My son passed all his Bobcat badge requirements, so at the end of the month he'll get his Bobcat badge and can start earning pins for his achievements. He's so thrilled! He also got a flag ceremony patch for carrying the flag during opening ceremony. The Webelos march together and take the flags (US and Florida) for the Pledge of Allegiance. He's really enjoying all there is to do with the Cub Scouts.

Friday - Today was fall color day at school. My son dressed in an olive green shirt and khaki green shorts. That's right, shorts. It's fall color day in 93 degree weather.

I did my grocery shopping this morning, along with some Christmas shopping. I'm actually starting later than usual this year. Typically I begin Christmas shopping in September, because I hate going to the stores in December. The stores are packed, people get rude, there's too much running around and the focus gets lost. I try to get all my shopping done and everything wrapped before Thanksgiving. That way we can enjoy the Christmas season doing things that remind us of what we're celebrating. I won't say what I bought or for whom, in case my family members come over to read my blog. Sorry, you'll have to wait till Christmas!

Tonight is growth groups, and we'll be studying diligence verses laziness. Plenty about that in Proverbs, that's for sure! Tomorrow we have a special treat planned: the Disney Christmas Carol tour train is in Miami for the weekend, and Lord willing we're going to go see it. I LOVE this story by Charles Dickens, and I'm so looking forward to the movie. To be able to see the train is just icing on the cake. This is one of the last stops, too. I'm glad my friend told me about it. I'll be taking the camera so I can post pictures. Stay tuned for that!

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Your precious kind words brough me to tears. Thank you for those.

As for your post, while you are in the courtroom, you can think of how the rest of us are presently feeling! I don't know how I would handle living any further south than we already do. I was raised in the Mountains in Colorado and I miss the snow and the perfectly even seasons. Summer was nice. Here in GA, I get through the summer by hiding inside, and I can't wait for fall to cool of the temperatures! I'm so glad we are seeing cooler days. I hope they reach you eventually!

I'm glad Wednesday night was a great one for both of us!