Friday, October 30, 2009

The Week In Review

Monday - The day began with me sneezing so much I was sure my nose was gonna fall off my face. Since we'd been to the park the day before for our church's Volunteer Appreciation Picnic, I figured it was my allergies. I had plenty to do around the house, especially laundry. I'd fallen behind on everything thanks to jury duty the week before, so I had alot of catching up to do. By the end of the day my throat was feeling scratchy. I chalked that up to allergies, too.

Tuesday - The sneezing calmed down, but my throat was sore and I had a dry cough. Now I knew it wasn't just allergies; my husband had caught a cold and was feeling pretty miserable, and obviously I'd caught it. I didn't focus on it too much, though. Hubby had been to the doctor the day before, but basically all he has is a virus. I loaded him with Theraflu which helped him sleep. It was what his body needed, because he hadn't been able to sleep for 2 nights. Once he got some rest he began to feel better.

Wednesday - As hubby got stronger, I got worse. The coughing made my back and chest hurt. I was wheezing by the end of the day, requiring a nebulizer treatment. The stuffy nose was coming back too. I knew it wasn't the flu; I've had the flu before and this was coming on too slowly. But I had a low grade fever the entire day, so I knew my body was fighting off something. Thankfully there was no Awana due to a pastor's conference. I wouldn't have been able to go anyway, but this way my son wasn't disappointed.

Thursday - Bad night's sleep. Even with the vaporizer in the room I was congested. I knew at this point I couldn't fight this one on my own. I called the doctor and was able to see her in the early afternoon. Turns out, not only do I have bronquitis, but I'm anemic again. That explains why I'm feeling so weak and why this virus has hit me worse than my hubby. Antibiotics, nebulizer treatments, and some vitamins should help knock this one out. Still, I went to E's Cub Scout meeting. He earned the Bobcat badge and a badge for the first campout. He was so thrilled. The kids went in costume because it's 2 days before Halloween. I let my son dress up for Halloween so long as it's not anything evil. This year he's Bumblebee, one of the Transformers.

Friday - Slept better last night, though I still feel pretty weak. I'm also not as hungry as I usually am, but I think it's all the medicines that make my stomach feel yucky. I'm so thankful E doesn't have school today (it's a teacher's planning day). I hope to get plenty of rest today, because tonight is growth groups and I want to be there. I know, I should stay home and rest, but our group is so great I hate to miss it. Pray that I have the strength to get there tonight for our study of Proverbs - tonight it's joy verses anger.

I'm hoping for a restful and healing weekend. We have baptisms on Sunday at church, which is always a special time. I'm also teaching in children's church this week, so I want to feel better. I love teaching the children.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

No comments: