Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Let's Start Giving Thanks!

Thanksgiving is still 2 days away, but I thought I'd start giving thanks today. It's never too early.

1 - I'm thankful that I'm done cleaning the house. It looks gorgeous! Someone give me the Good Housekeeping Seal, this house looks like something out of a magazine. It was alot of work, but very satisfying.

2 - I had to run to Publix to get sugar because I hadn't realized I was almost out. While there I found Pumpkin Spice pudding! Jello only sells this flavor during the fall, so I stock up, but this year I hadn't found it anywhere. Just this morning I was telling my oldest son how disappointed I was not to have any pumpkin spice pudding this year. I bought 8 boxes. God loves me! I also found Duncan Hines cake mixes on sale. Publix has flavors Walmart typically doesn't have, so I stocked up on those too. I like to bake cakes for my neighbors as Christmas presents, and they like to receive them, so it's a win-win situation.

3 - I'm thankful that my daughter is coming home a day early! I was expecting her tomorrow night, but instead she'll be here tonight! Joy!!!

I'm gonna go make my son something to eat, and continue to thank the Lord for all His blessings. God is soooo good!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I found that pudding at Walmart on Wednesday. Actually, my son saw it. It was the last box, so I decided to buy it and try it out. We haven't yet, but we are looking forward to it. I'm so proud of you for doing such a great job on your house! With my back being out, I'm so glad dinner wasn't at my house this year. I was barely able to make the green bean casseroles and pumpkin cakes. The cakes turned out so well though. They were a new recipe and I was so pleased.

Now on to Christmas! I got most of my decorations up and I need to get the rest up because my parents are coming down this coming weekend and my mom hasn't decorated for Christmas in years since my brother and I don't live at home anymore. I know seeing the decorations will make her smile! (And the grandkids of course!)