Monday, November 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 16, 2009...

Outside my window...it's 67 degrees and a cool breeze is blowing. Skies are overcast but it doesn't look like we'll get any rain. Looks like what fall should look like in November in South Florida.

I am thinking...about the holidays. Alot.

I am thankful...for more things than I can list. For my Lord who gave His life for me. For the life in Him that He's given me. For the family He's blessed me with. And for friends, old and new.

I am going...to start my right-before-Thanksgiving house cleaning. Top to bottom, all around. This is gonna be big.

I am wearing...my pink "Got Jesus?" t-shirt, baby blue capri's and brown sandals. It's fall, but I can still dress light.

I am remembering...past Thanksgivings and the fun we had.

I am creating...a shopping list for Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas gifts left to purchase.

I am reading...Galatians for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, and A Simple Christmas by Mike Huckabee. Picked it up at Costco. It has 12 short Christmas stories, some funny, some sad, all inspirational.

I am hoping...to be productive this week.

On my mind...the women in my growth group. What an awesome bunch of ladies. I must keep them in prayer, especially one whose son was recently shot in a hold up. His spine was severed, and doctors say he'll never walk again. He's only 24 years old. I know my God can do miracles no doctor can do, and that's what we're praying for.

From the learning rooms...we'll be putting together the science project board this week.

I am noticing that...while my cold is gone the cough seems to want to stick around. It's getting annoying.

I am pondering these words...from BarlowGirl's new CD Love and War, the song is called Love is Marching: "Everyone will pass. And when we've breathed our last can we say, We have lived for more? And did we live to die for love?"

From the kitchen...the oven is cleaning today (whoever invented self cleaning ovens: Thank you!!) so I'll be making chicken stir fry in the electric skillet with white rice.

Around the house...prepping for Thanksgiving which will be at my home this year. Starting with bedrooms and working my way through.

One of my favorite things...is cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Well, truthfully, cooking any dinner that my family appreciates brings me joy.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Awana and Bible study on Wednesday. Cub scouts have a Thanksgiving feast on Thursday, and I signed up to bring the stuffing. Friday growth groups, it's the next to last study. Saturday I hope to go to the largest outlet mall in South Florida to pick up some quality yet inexpensive Christmas gifts for the young ones in the family. We have 5 little cousins ages 3 and under, and another on the way. Such a blessing!

From my picture journal...



My son E at the Cub Scout car wash fund raiser. He worked hard but enjoyed it so much he's promised to wash my car this weekend. How great is that?! Thank You Jesus for such a loving little boy.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

6 comments:

Jen said...

You are geared up for the holidays girl! Go get that house...I wish I had your energy.

Patricia said...

Those coughs can hang on for a long time. Hopefully, yours will be gone soon. Galatians is a great book. Of course, all the books in the Bible are, but some are easier to read and glean from than others.

Blessings,

Schotzy said...

Thanks so much for stopping in this morning and I really enjoyed my visit with you! I pray you get your cleaning done and enjoy planning for the holiday!!!

Tammy said...

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving too! My brother is coming and it will be a cozy time with my dh, dd, me and my brother!

dtbrents said...

A great picture of your son. The kids love those car washes. I keep saying I'm going to deep clean but my body is just not strong enough any more for that. I will have my precious son and daughter help me. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. The food is always fantastic. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Tara said...

Hello Arlene, I had no idea you were also from Fl. This weather has been crazy hasn't it. Today is a warm day again. I know what you mean about cooking meals that brings the family joy. I do Thanksgiving every year, I love doing it. This year plus family we have friend coming plus SIL has friends I think we are somewhere between 24-32 people. Good luck being productive this week.
Blessings