Monday, November 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 2, 2009...

Outside my window...it's a balmy 77 degrees. Weatherman says we'll be seeing temps go back down to normal in the next few days. I hope so. It shouldn't be 77 degrees in the morning. Maybe at noon, but not now.

I am thinking...about the myriad things on my to do list.

I am thankful for...my daughter's surprise visit this weekend. I was sick with bronquitis, but I can't think of a better remedy than to have my children home with me. What a delight!

I am going...grocery and Christmas shopping this morning. I didn't go grocery shopping on Friday because I was feeling so sick, so I need to get that done today. And as for Christmas shopping, I'm a bit behind. I usually start in September but this year I didn't get started till October. I've got some catching up to do.

I am wearing...a church t-shirt, jeans and sandals. Comfy stuff for my shopping trip.

I am remembering...a great teaching about the occult and how the enemy is making his agenda popular in our culture today. Great stuff.

I am creating...my Christmas shopping list. I want to be done shopping before Thanksgiving so I can enjoy the holidays at home, not in the stores.

I am reading...my Bible and nothing else right now. I need to go to the library and get some reading material.

I am hoping...my son E doesn't catch the virus going around our home. He's the only one who hasn't caught it.

On my mind...Thanksgiving. It's less than a month away!

From the learning rooms...we've done the 3 trials for the science fair project, and so far the anti-bacterial dishwashing detergent is in the lead with the most long lasting suds.

I am noticing that...I went past the 300 mark of posts on this blog. Woot!

I am pondering these words..."Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see." Thank You Jesus.

From the kitchen...easy chicken and stuffing in the crock pot that didn't get made last week.

Around the house...the work never seems to get done. Always something to keep me busy.

One of my favorite things...is holiday recipes. I love seeing what other people serve on the holidays and copy the ones that sound yummiest!

A few plans for the rest of the week: the usual. Grocery shopping, library run, Awana and Bible study, Cub scouts, growth groups. I can't see fitting anything else into this busy schedule.

From my picture journal...I tried to download one but Blogger is not working with me today. Maybe later.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

4 comments:

LISA said...

I'm sorry your sick. Unexpected visits. one of my favorite things. I'm with you on the shopping thing. Every year I wish to be done at Thanksgiving, a first this year would be nice. Have a healthy joy filled week:)

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. And I hope your son doesn't get sick.
I do a little shopping all year long so I am finished except for a few little last minute things. Usually, I have to mail my son's family's gifts. They are coming for Thanksgiving so I will have those wrapped for them to take home with them, if I get busy. I do need to wrap the gifts before some wee people go snooping and find them.
Have a great week.
Mama Bear

Gae said...

I love preparig for Christmas. It is one of the things I love each year. This year we are on a very strict budget so presents will be vertially non existatn. BUT we will be doing all our traditions and cooking, which the children say are just as importaant to them.
Sorry to hear of sickness for you, I pray you get better soon.
God Bless

dtbrents said...

You must be very organized to be doing Christmas shopping. Holiday baking is wonderful. Your chicken and stuffing sounds great. That's one of my favorite meals but I have never thought about it in a crockpot. I bet your house smells great while that's cooking. Sounds like a great way to save the oven for other things too. I hope you are feeling better. Have a great week. Doylene