Monday, November 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 9, 2009...


Outside my window...it's breezy, sunny, and beautiful. It doesn't feel like 79 degrees thanks to the cool breeze.


I am thinking...it'll be windy the next few days, as we keep an eye on Hurricane Ida out in the Gulf of Mexico. Don't quite know yet where it's headed.


I am thankful...for my family, my home, and my God who keeps us all together.


I am going...to the post office to send out a package, possibly Costco for some more Christmas shopping.


I am wearing...a navy blue polka dotted sleeveless blouse, light blue capris and sandals. Not your typical fall attire, I know, but it still isn't cool enough in South Florida to break out the warmer clothes.


I am remembering...people I went to elementary school with who have found me on Facebook. It's great to see how well they've turned out.


I am creating...hopefully a Thanksgiving menu this week. I like to get that done ahead of time so I can buy all the supplies.


I am reading...1 Corinthians for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, and Anne of Avonlea just for fun. I never read this book as a child and I've always been curious about it. Found it at the library.


I am hoping...to get all my Christmas shopping done soon.


On my mind...Christmas music. I can't wait till the radio stations start to play Christmas carols!


From the learning rooms...finishing up the science project, and lots of writing assignments.


I am noticing that...despite having such warm weather, this is the first hurricane this season to come near us. Thank the Lord they've stayed out in the Atlantic and haven't disturbed us.


I am pondering these words..."I am only a Benjaminite, from the least of the tribes of Israel, and my family is the humblest of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin. Why then have you spoken to me in this way?" - Saul, 1 Samuel 9:21. God uses those whom we least expect Him to use, because it is for His glory, not ours, that we are chosen.


From the kitchen...ham steaks and rice with peas.


Around the house...there's plenty of laundry to do, yet again.


One of my favorite things...is Christmas carols. Oh, did I already mention that? ;-)


A few plans for the rest of the week: no school on Wednesday which is nice. Gotta see about finishing up as much Christmas shopping as possible.


From my picture journal...

We call this Trick or Treat cake. In the fall Duncan Hines comes out with a fudge marble cake that's orange and chocolate. It's so yummy and pretty, I make one every year. This one disappeared within a day or two.



Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Enjoyed your daybook. I like those words you are pondering. It sounds like we both have the holidays on our minds. Have a great day.

dtbrents said...

The cake is great looking. I love the Avalon books and the tv series. We always have the same menu for Thanksgiving. Your meal sounds wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene