Monday, November 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 30, 2009...

Outside my window...mid 60's, sunny, warm but not hot or humid. This is why I live in South Florida. The weather is just perfect today.

I am thinking...of the wonderful Thanksgiving weekend we had. So much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for...my Savior, my daughter being home this weekend, a fun and plentiful Thanksgiving feast with family, the house already decorated for Christmas, an awesome message yesterday at church, the list goes on and on...

I am going...grocery shopping this morning. I usually go on Fridays, but there was no way I was going to the stores on Black Friday. I stayed home and decorated. Now there's nothing to eat at our house :P.

I am wearing...a grey long sleeve shirt, jeans and sandals which I will change for flats in a little while. I went to Winn-Dixie with the sandals and my feet were freezing.

I am remembering...Christmas when my older kids were little. Seems like such a long time ago.

I am creating...Christmas memories - or at least that's my goal.

I am reading...Hebrews for morning devotions, need to get back to John for SOAP devotions, Anne of Green Gables (and really getting into it), and Who is Stealing the 12 Days of Christmas? by Martha Freeman with my son. It's a funny holiday story.

I am hoping...to finish wrapping presents today. I think I need one more gift to buy and I'm done - Praise the Lord!!

On my mind...the new Christmas cartoon that will air tomorrow on ABC called Prep and Landing. It's by Pixar, so it must be great. Haven't seen a new Christmas cartoon in ages.

From the learning rooms...back to school this morning. We'll be reading alot of Christmas books, both from our collection and the library.

I am noticing that...many of my neighbors have put their outdoor decorations and I've only got half of them up. Gotta get moving!

I am pondering these words..."But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for see - I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people: to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord." - Luke 2:10,11.

From the kitchen...tilapia today. Something fast and easy.

Around the house...all the decorating is done, so just a quick cleaning is all that's needed. Oh, and of course, laundry.

One of my favorite things...is reading to my son. We both enjoy that bonding time.

A few plans for the rest of the week: back to Awana on Wednesday and Cub Scouts on Thursday. Friday is our last small group meeting for this year, and we'll finish our study of Proverbs with the topic Justice vs. Injustice. I'll miss meeting with these lovely ladies.

From the picture journal...I'll have to take pictures of the house all decorated. The tree, which my daughter trimmed, is stunning. I just love Christmas!!


Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I've just begun to decorate in the house but the lights are up outside. I bought groceries before our son & family came on the 21st. I sent leftovers and 'stuff' with Honey Bear to Memphis. My fridge is about bear, also. Lucky you to have someone help decorate. Daughter used to do ours every year, now I help her do hers. She is so buy with work, church and family.
We have a fairly warm day here, 47 degrees, they say, feels warmer, it was raining earlier. I'm watching a documentary on Neil Young right now.
Mama Bear

dtbrents said...

Your fish sounds good. I always wait until I'm eating out to have fish. It will be fun decorating your home for Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Have a great week. Doylene

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did as well! I'm pretty much done with Christmas decorating as well. I can't put up the outside lights, because my husband and father are getting ready to roof the house. I'm hoping to put up some simple white icicles when they are done. I do have my lighted-garland and all my bows and flowers out though. It looks pretty from the street. I can't wait to see some pictures of your house!