Friday, November 6, 2009

The Week In Review

I guess it's been a pretty quiet week, if you don't count THE YANKEES WINNING THE WORLD SERIES!!!! Sorry, I'm a native New Yorker, from the Bronx no less. I'm so happy for them.

This has been a mostly stay-at-home type of week, for which I'm so thankful because I needed time to get stronger after having bronquitis. I'm doing much better now, thank the Lord, though I still have a bit of a cough. Nothing could beat my daughter coming down for the weekend to help in the healing process! She and her roommate were homesick and decided to surprise everyone, and what a pleasant surprise it was! I miss my little girl so much. I only wish I'd been able to give her lots of hugs, but I didn't want her to catch my virus. Still, just having my whole family under one roof made being sick all the more bearable.

I spent the days catching up on cleaning and laundry. What with jury duty one week and being so sick the next, my chores fell way behind. It feels so good to look around at my house and it's back to the way it's supposed to be. I spent alot of time on the phone with a dear friend of mine who I'd been trying to get a hold of. She was traveling and called me when she got home. It was so good to hear from her.

Yesterday I baked chocolate chip cookies. The weather is getting back down so that it's in the low 70's in the morning and low 80's in the afternoon, with little humidity and light breezes. This sounds like summer to some but it's typical fall for us. The winds are picking up too, which makes it feel even more like autumn, so baking is definitely on the agenda. I loooove how the house smells when I'm baking! And chocolate chip cookies are my family's favorite. Yum!

I went grocery shopping today and started buying for Thanksgiving. I don't like to buy everything the same week, because then my grocery bill seems astronomical. Instead, I look for sales and buy a little something each week. Today Wal-mart had Stove Top stuffing for $.78 a box, which is great since it had been $1.68 for the past few months. I take Stove Top stuffing and jazz it up with extra onions, celery, sage, rosemary, thyme, raisins, and ground beef. Man, does it taste good!!! I also bought oven bags for the turkey, and coconut milk for my coconut rice pudding. This is a typical dessert in Puerto Rico (where my family is from) for the holidays. My daughter loves it. I can't wait till Thanksgiving - my daughter will be home, we'll have a feast with the family, then decorating for Christmas!! It's my favorite time of the year!

This weekend we'll be going to see Disney's A Christmas Carol. Matter of fact, if we get out of Bible study early enough tonight E and I might just go catch it at 9:20pm. Oooh, I just love this story! I hope everyone has a blessed weekend. God bless.

No comments: