Friday, November 13, 2009

The Week in Review

Ever had one of those days when you feel like you didn't stop once yet you didn't get as much accomplished as you'd like? This was one of those weeks. I've been busy but I'm still behind on so much.

One good thing for this week: the weather. This morning was a nice cool 57 degrees, and the high should stay in the 70's. No humidity either. It's so nice to be able to open the windows without it feeling like the inside of a 450 degree oven. I love this time of year.

I've gotten a bunch of Christmas shopping done. I look for sales, then when I bring stuff home I wrap it right away so I don't have to think about it later on. The closets are getting filled, but I still have so much left to buy! Most of what I've purchased is for the kids. One present for grandma, one for Daddy, and everything else is for my children. Oh, except the Christmas shoe box. We do one or two Christmas shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child each year. You can learn more about Operation Christmas Child and Samaritan's Purse here. It's a very worthy cause and a great way to teach the little ones the true meaning of Christmas.

I did a ton of housework, yet the house isn't where I like it to be. It seems that no matter how much cleaning and organizing is done, there's always room for more. Laundry is another item on my "never gets caught up" list. How can such a small family dirty so many clothes?! There's only four of us in the house now; where does all this laundry come from? It's a neverending cycle.

I've also begun purchasing some of the food items for our Thanksgiving menu. Thank the Lord my husband, his brother and his sister all get turkeys from work. One less thing to buy! Of course I've been looking through the circulars for sales on everything else. I try to buy a little each week so I don't have a huge grocery bill during Thanksgiving week. Got the stuffing, potatoes (russets for mashing), some spices, cake mixes (I buy Duncan Hines but I jazz it up my way), aluminum baking pans which were on sale at Wal-mart, and chicken stock from Costco. I have to make up the rest of the shopping list because believe it or not, Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away! Time is flying by, that's for sure.

Tonight is growth groups, and we'll be looking at instruction verses correction from the book of Proverbs. Sunday my son's Cub Scout troop is having a car wash to raise funds. Another busy weekend. Maybe I'll be able to slow down after that? Probably not.

Have a blessed weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh yes, the laundry. I don't know where it all comes from either. It drives me crazy!

I've been cleaning like crazy the last two days, trying to make up for the two weeks that I've been sick. My husband is hunting again this weekend, so I still have until late tonight to get it done before he's home. I just never get anything done when he's home. I joke with him and tell him that he's high maitenence! But really, when he's home, I'd rather be spending time with him anyway.

Sounds like you are going to have a great Thanksgiving dinner! We are blessed enough this year to have been invited to two Thanksgiving dinners! It's nice. My first year here was so hard being the first Thanksgiving dinner ever without any of my family or my husbands family. We felt so alone. God's been good to us and blessed us with close friends here now. I pray you and your family have a wonderful day! That's a great idea to start getting the food now a little at a time!