Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mid-Week Review

My son keeps telling me, "It's almost time, Mommy." I finally told him he'd reminded me enough. But I can understand his excitement. Today is Wednesday, tomorrow is Christmas Eve, then the big day. Time sure has flown!

Monday was spent doing some laundry and running errands. I picked up the turkey at grandma's in the morning, and E stayed when he realized his two cousins were there. JC is almost 12 and Jr. is 11. E turns 10 on Sunday so they're all in the same age group and love playing together. That was fine with me, because it meant I was able to spend some time alone with my daughter A. We had some nice conversations. Later, when I went to pick up E, my daughter and I stopped to visit with the newest member of the family, little Nicholas born Dec. 10. He's such a precious little thing! I'm glad we were able to stop by and see him, since his mommy won't be taking him out for awhile yet.

Tuesday I started cleaning up floors, dusting and vacuuming. E helped alot, since he wanted me to finish early and take him back to grandma's for another day with his cousins. I wasn't too sure about taking him, though. He woke up with a nasty cough and stuffy nose. I gave him some medicine and he felt better, so I took him over to get a much needed haircut, then over to grandma's. I returned some books to the library and continued my cleaning. I was able to get alot done, which was nice.

Today is baking day. I baked a pecan coffee cake and 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes. I also marinated a pork shoulder and I'm getting ready to brine the turkey. I washed and styled my hair today, because tomorrow I'll be busy making pork, turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, rice with pigeon peas, and bread. We have Christmas Eve dinner at my mother-in-law's house with my hubby's brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother, etc. It's a lively time and my kids so look forward to it.

I don't think I'll have time to get on the computer the rest of this week, so let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a very merry Christmas: May God bless you with the joy of the season, which is the knowledge of the One who left His place in heaven to be born a baby so that you and I could be saved. Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments: