Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, January 11, 2010...

Outside my window...is the coldest winter I can remember in South Florida, and I've lived here 23 years. It's 35 degrees, but with the wind chill it feels like 28. That's C-O-L-D!!

I am thinking...how did I live in New York so many years in those freezing temperatures? I can't stand being this cold.

I am thankful...that we have heat in our home to keep us warm. And blankets.

I am going...to make a few phone calls. Better than going out and running errands.

I am wearing...a grey henley under a grey hoodie, jeans and sneakers. Just got back from taking my son to school so I had to dress warm.

I am remembering...the fellowship and good food we had yesterday at lunch before the college kids drove back to school. Four left late yesterday afternoon, including my daughter.

I am creating...a home management book, or at least continue the one I started.

I am reading...Leviticus for morning devotions, and Having a Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver.

I am hoping...my sinuses get better. They get so irritated in the cold weather.

On my mind...a decision I'm praying about regarding church. It's been heavy on my heart and I'm seeking the Lord's guidance.

From the learning rooms...kids are now all officially back in school. My daughter starts classes today.

I am noticing that...rather, I noticed it yesterday: a frozen iguana near our mailbox. Iguanas, like snakes, are cold-blooded creatures and cannot withstand these temperatures. News reported this morning that people were sending in pictures of frozen iguanas, just to give an idea how the cold is affecting us here.

I am pondering these words..."Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10.

From the kitchen today...we had sausage biscuits for breakfast, and I'll be making scalloped pasta and chicken later on.

Around the house...the bathrooms need cleaning, but the master bathroom doesn't have insulation so it gets REALLY COLD. I'll clean the other bathroom today.

One of my favorite things...is hot chocolate or hot coffee on a cold winters day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Bible study, Awana, Cub Scouts, library, the usual stuff. It's supposed to get back to normal temperatures by Friday.

From my picture journal...I haven't downloaded them from my camera. Hopefully I'll get that done today.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I really enjoyed reading about your day. I live in Florida too and it has been so miserably cold. I am looking forward to the weekend and the warmer weather that is predicted. Have a great week!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/