Monday, February 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, February 15, 2010...


Outside my window...it isn't as cold as I thought it would be, but it's still colder than normal for this time of year. We're usually in the high 60's in the mornings and 70's in the afternoons in February. This week we'll be in the 40's and 50's to start the day, and mid 60's throughout. It's like winter doesn't want to leave (guess the groundhog was right!).


I am thinking...of the wonderful time I had on Saturday with my high school classmate. I felt like a teenager all over again - the good parts, not the acne or stuff like that.


I am thankful...for my loving husband, who is more practical than romantic. Our wedding anniversary is on February 21, so as a combination Valentine's Day/anniversary present, he's putting in laminate wood floors throughout our living area. While many women would balk at a home improvement gift rather than something more "personal", I think of all the work he's gonna be putting into this just so the house will be more comfortable and easier to clean. That means more to me than flowers or candy. Thanks babe!


I am going...to Costco today to see the choices of flooring. They have laminate wood floors on sale. The price is great, plus I received my Costco credit card rebate to help pay for them. It will end up costing less than $1,000 to buy flooring for the kitchen, family room, dining room, living room, hallway and bedroom foyer. This bargain hunter is super excited!


I am wearing...okay, I'm still in my jammies I'm ashamed to say. There's no school today so the boys are home, and I enjoyed getting up later than usual. This is how I like starting Monday mornings.


I am remembering...my high school buddies. I graduated from high school in 1981. That's 29 years ago. Yet, it seems like yesterday I was running through the halls of the school, having lunch with some great girls, chit-chatting on the bus, with no cares in the world. What a sweet memory.


I am creating...a plan for how the floor project will go, as there will be alot of cleaning and moving of furniture involved.


I am reading...Joshua for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, Having a Mary Spirit for my personal study, and I need some additional reading material. I think I may re-read Emma. Such a funny story.


I am hoping...my sister has a good couple more weeks at work, then transitions well to homemaker status. She's leaving the work field after over 20 years. It's an adjustment, but one I think she'll fit right into.


On my mind...flooring. What did you expect? ;-)


From the learning rooms...E is home today, President's Day, but he still needs to do some studying. His math and reading exams are coming up. I'm thankful to the Lord that his reading has improved, and math still comes fairly easy to him.


I am noticing that...I keep starting to write 2009. I get to "200" then remember it's 2010. Isn't it amazing how quickly this first decade of the 21st century went by? At least to me it did.


I am pondering these words...which are perfect for Valentine's day: "No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends." - John 15:13.


From the kitchen today...burgers and fries. Homemade, not fast food.


Around the house...laundry (of course) and some tidying up, but mostly time with my boys.


One of my favorite things...eggs and bacon with honey wheat toast and coffee to start the day.


A few plans for the rest of the week...do I need to mention flooring again?


From my picture journal...my buddy and me. What a blessing to see her again.





Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

How exciting! I would love to be having hard wood, or even wood laminate flooring put into our house. At least the dinning room. What a great present! Our anniversary is on the 20th, and we almost always combine Valentines Day and our Anniversary, or we leave my birthday out and keep Valentines Day and our Anniversary seperate. With how expensive my birthday was this year, I think we will just be doing a card for our anniv. We bought Webkinz for the kids for Valentines Day, but we just did homemade cards for eachother.

I'm ready for spring. I loved the snow, but I'm ready for flowers and fun days outside!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your friend, and have wonderful things to reminiss about!

Siné said...

What a great Valentine/Anniversary gift, and at a great price too!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your advice. Have a blessed week!