Saturday, March 6, 2010

Observing My Senses

For Today, March 6, 2010...

I am seeing...a bright, sunny, COLD morning. Again. In South Florida. In March. If I see Mr. Al Gore I will punch him in the face (okay not really, but everytime I hear about global warming while I'm shivering in a sweater and jacket I wanna scream).

I am hearing...my oldest son's light snore. He'll be 23 this month and still lives at home. To some that may seem too old to be with his parents, but I'm grateful that he's still here with us.

I am feeling...very happy because my daughter is home for spring break which means our family is all under one roof again.

I am tasting...sausage biscuits (made at home) with my morning coffee.

I am smelling...the aroma of baked biscuits. I can't think of anything that says home like the smell of bread baking. It's so comforting.

It just takes a moment to see what's going on around you. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

My husband would be right there with ya, to throw the next punch! He believes what the majority of us around here believe, you do need to take care of the planet you live on, but the earth has natural,God made, cycles that it will go through. We've had 2 good snows, 1 light snow here in Georgia this winter....that's colder, not warmer!

I am glad your son lives at home too! We want all of our children to stay at home with us until they are ready to be on their own. We don't have a time table. Especially in this world we live in today, home can be a much safer place!