Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays





Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?



- Ecclesiastes 4:9-11

Today I'm thankful because my hunny got home yesterday late in the afternoon from his business trip to Central Florida. He'd called me the night before and said it looked like he'd be gone all week. I didn't like the sound of that. At.all. I missed him a bunch. So did my youngest son. But he called yesterday at noon to say he was done and on his way! He got home just after 4:00pm (he had to drop off his parents at their house first), and he looked so relieved to be in his own home, eating food prepared by his own wife, sleeping in his own bed. As a matter of fact, he slept like a baby! I was especially glad, because it was REALLY cold again last night (lower 40's; yes, that's cold!) but it isn't so bad when there's someone to cuddle up to :-). What a blessing to have my hubby back home!
Wanna join in? Visit Iris at Grace Alone. God bless.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What wonderful news Arlene! It reminded me of what happend to me a few weeks ago...Mike had a long day at work, and didn't get home in time for our oldest's piano lessons, so I had to take all 4 kids and we waited in the van until the lesson was over, then we all went to DQ to wait for my husband, because we had to do some ATM swapping (long story) and he wanted the kids to eat while we waited for him. When he got there, just the sight of seeing him made me smile, and then when he saw me, he smiled. It tickles my heart that after 11 years, we can make each other smile, just by looking at one another! I'm thankful for the special bond that God gives to husbands and wives when they work for it, and cherish eachother as they should.

I'm glad your hubby is home, and I'm glad he is so happy to be there!