Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ugh...

I'm feeling miserable today. From what I've heard, there's a stomach flu going around. For some reason it decided to stop and visit me.

Yesterday morning I got up feeling a bit tired but not too bad. I had my breakfast, took my son to school, then had some juice mid-morning. My stomach started to hurt after that. And when I say hurt, I mean like someone sucker-punched me in the gut. I felt weak, too. I figured it was the juice that hadn't agreed with me; I have problems with foods that are high in acid content. I had lunch at 1:00pm, not because I was very hungry but because I didn't want to keep my stomach empty for long. I figured I'd feel worse if I didn't eat anything. But as the day went on, I just felt yuckier and yuckier.

I picked up my son from school and we went to the library to return some books. I told him we needed to hurry because I was starting to feel really bad. Bad colic, bad stomach pains, running to the bathroom. A while later I began shivering. I thought, "That's strange, the a/c isn't on nor are the windows open or the ceiling fans running. Why am I so cold?" So I took my temperature. I had a low grade fever, so I decided to rest for a while. Unfortunately I just felt worse. I took my temperature again, and saw it was steadily rising, so I took a couple of Tylenol and got a blanket. All I could do was lay on the sofa, freezing. I finally went to bed after one episode of the Duggars because my body was screaming at me for rest. Only thing is, rest wasn't coming. I tossed and turned most of the night, achy, feverish, and nauseous. This morning I finally threw up (mind you, I hadn't eaten anything since 1:00 pm yesterday). I still have a low grade fever, but at least I've been able to have my morning coffee and it hasn't revisited me. I hope I can get some rest now and feel better. Ugh...

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I am so, so, sorry that you feel bad. What's worse, is that you didn't even get to sleep throught the night to feel better. I do hope today brings you better health and a brighter day!

If things hold up, I have some REALLY good news to share tomorrow! Praying that they will...

Mrs. O said...

As long as you aren't sick when I'm there!! Naw, just kidding. There's a stomach virus going around here too. Glad I'm not in an office with people anymore 'cause I sure don't need that!

Feel better.