Monday, April 12, 2010

Move It Monday

Yes it's Monday, and yes I'm moving it...slowly. Not because I don't appreciate Mondays, but because Saturday left me in some pain. Let me explain.

After a cold winter, my front yard was looking sad. Most of the plants had died, including a small palm tree in front of our glass block window. I was so eager for the weather to warm up, and once it did I began planting new plants and flowers to make the front yard look pretty and inviting once more.

I found some gorgeous bird of paradise plants at Home Depot, fairly large ones on sale for $9.99. I figured this would look nice where the palm tree had been. Before planting, though, I needed to pull up all the roots from the palm tree. I didn't realize how many roots this thing had, nor how deep they went! Between my boys and I we cleaned up and ripped out roots, then planted the new bird of paradise tree. It looks lovely, and I was happy not to have a gaping hole in the front yard anymore.

Next day, however, I was walking like a little old lady. My back was hurting, which was not a good thing since I was teaching in children's church. I took a couple of Tylenol and got through the morning, praise God, but I quickly realized the pain was from my sciatica. So, since yesterday I've been lying down with a heating pad while the swelling goes down. I'm happy to report the pain is much less this morning (thank You Jesus!) but I have to take it easy or else I'll be out of commission again. I was able to get some london broil in the slow cooker so we'll have lunch on time today, and I did a quick clean of the house. Thankfully the laundry was caught up on Saturday so I'm not going to worry about it today.

So, my Monday is a slow day, but it's a great day just the same!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear...I KNOW your pain! You deffinately do need to take it easy! I got lucky, well blessed of course, and I made it through a whole day in the yard this weekend with no pains this morning! Except the blister on my hand from triming the hedge with a really old, rusty set of hedge clippers. Those will have to be replaced this year.

I bet your yard looks wonderful though, and what a deal a $9.99! Home Depot is the only store that BOTH my husband and I like to shop at!

I hope you have a wonderful, restful, happy Monday! Sometimes the only moving we need to do is to the ice pack or heating pad every hour! LOL