Saturday, April 24, 2010

Observing My Senses

For Today, April 24, 2010...

I am seeing...sunshine and blue skies with puffy white clouds. It's a beautiful day.

I am hearing...my two boys chatter.

I am feeling...some concern at the way I've been eating. I thought I had a healthier diet. I need a food make-over.

I am tasting...Tony's pepperoni pizza, because it had the least calories and sodium of all the pizzas in the store. And it's the cheapest. Go figure.

I am smelling...pepperonis. Love 'em!

It just takes a moment to see what's going on around you. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

It is a wake up call, isn't it, seeing exactly what goes in your body when you think you're "only" eating a chicken sandwich? Yep. It is a shock, especially with sodium. Too bad all those preservatives used in foods is what has all that sodium. Since we aren't buying prepared foods anymore, I've started using McCormick's Salt-Free seasonings; a bit pricey but it let's me control how much sodium I add to my foods without missing out on the flavor. I had to give up Adobo because of the salt.