Monday, April 5, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, April 5, 2010...

Outside my window...the sun is still shining even though it's almost 6:00pm. The weather has been so perfect, warm and sunny with just enough sunshine. Love it!

I am thinking...about a tree in our yard that's gonna have to come down. My mother-in-law gave it to us and it's the cutest tree, but we've just found out it's a rubber tree that gets very large and is invasive to plumbing. Not a good thing.

I am thankful...for a Savior who gave His life some 2,000 years ago for my salvation.

I am going...to have my car checked on this week. It's been acting weird, and I'm concerned it may be transmission trouble. I sure hope it isn't.

I am wearing...a t-shirt, jeans and sandals.

I am remembering...a good deed I saw yesterday. A car was stopped at a traffic light, and a woman in a wheelchair was trying to cross the street. A young man jumped out of the car, helped the woman across 6 lanes of traffic, and jumped back into the car. It totally warmed my heart.

I am currently...planning for the week.

I am reading...1 Chronicles for morning devotions, and Having a Mary Spirit for personal study. Finished Sherlock Holmes, so a run to the library is in order.

I am hoping...I can squeeze in some scrapbooking time this week.

On my mind...I need to spend more personal time with God. As in, not letting other things get in the way. Getting my life in balance.

From the learning rooms...it's back to school tomorrow after a week of spring break.

I am noticing...the enemy loves using busyness to get our priorities out of whack. Thankfully the Holy Spirit is whispering in my ear, reminding me what's really important - time in the Word.

I am pondering these words..."Give me a revelation, show me what to do, 'cause I've been trying to find my way, I haven't got a clue. Tell me should I stay here, or do I need to move? Give me a revelation, I've got nothing without you." - Third Day, Revelation.

From the kitchen today...spaghetti and meatballs.

Around the house...there's plenty to do, but I'll start tomorrow when the boys are in school.

One of my favorite things...is ice cold lemonade on a hot day.

A few plans for the rest of the week...housework that didn't get done last week.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: