Monday, April 26, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, April 26, 2010...

Outside my window...it's hot, muggy, and dark. Storms are approaching. Menacing storms and tornado watches. A good day to stay indoors.

I am thinking...about my son who is on his way to work. May the Lord protect him.

I am thankful for...a roof over my head during stormy weather.

I am going...to stay home and clean.

I am wearing...the same navy blue polka dotted blouse and jeans I was wearing last week, but this time I'm wearing a pair of sandals I got at Walmart for $10. Very comfortable and cute!

I am remembering...my 10 yr old son's word's during Bible time last night. He said, "We're like a machine, and God is the electric socket. Jesus is the cord that connects us to the power. Without Jesus we can't get power from God." I was amazed at his understanding.

I am currently...in my son's bedroom hearing the lightning alarm in the park. Oh yeah, that storm is really close.

I am reading...Esther for morning devotions, still working through Having a Mary Spirit, and I found another Sherlock Holmes book at the library.

I am hoping...we stay safe and have no actual tornadoes or hail during the storm.

On my mind...my fitness journal.

From the learning rooms...E finished a diorama of a hurricane. It has a picture of Hurricane Katrina, a little house with a tree on the roof (weed from the front yard), some upside down Matchbox cars, and a lot of debris (dried leaves). Came out pretty well.

I am pondering these words..."You are stronger than the storm. You are reigning over all. Faithful God You’re always in control. You’re the anchor of peace for our souls." - Stronger than the Storm, by Vicky Beeching.

From the kitchen today...sloppy joes. E asked for them specifically.

Around the house...gonna be cleaning floors today, and finishing up the laundry.

One of my favorite things...is being a mom.

A few plans for the rest of the week...maybe I'll be able to get some scrapbooking in? I'd really like to get a page or two done.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

2 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Hi!
I'm Beth and I'm hopping around blogdom meeting new friends and sisters from the Simple Womans Daybook meme. I so relate to the paragraph at the upper right of your blog talking about change. That seems to be one of my greater struggles! Love a stormy day, the smell or rain on the wind and the clean dirt smell after but I will join you in prayer that you get to skip tornadoes and hail! :)

New follower looking forward to getting to know you!
Beth
http://bethaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed stopping by your blog today. What a lovely entry! We have been plagued by storms and tornados too and one hit very nearby us. It is so scary at how quickly they can devastate an area. Blessings to you for a wonderful week!