Monday, May 31, 2010

Move It Mondays

Happy Memorial Day Monday to everyone!

What a special day today is. Not because it's a day off from work (though both my hubby and my son are working today). Not because it's the official opening day for many beaches along the East Coast. Not because people are breaking out their barbeques and getting ready for family get-togethers and cookouts.

All that is great, but the real reason today is special, is because we get to thank those brave men and women who put their lives at risk so that we can enjoy freedom. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13. I want to take this moment to thank all our troops for their sacrifice and their efforts. They are not unnoticed. Thanks also to the families, especially the children, who do without their moms and dads, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, so that we can continue to live in a peaceful land. May God bless you all and give you an extra measure of strength.

So, what am I doing this lovely Monday (other than sleeping a wee bit longer than usual)? Well, I've got one load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer. We had a breakfast of pancakes and bacon (mmm!!!) and I have some pork tenderloin in the crockpot. Our barbeque isn't working so no grilling today :-(. I know, it doesn't feel like Florida without a working grill, but we can't buy a new one yet and can't figure out what's wrong with the one we have. That's okay, food in the crockpot is healthy too. I was hoping my son R would be home today so we could find the large inflatable pool I'd bought a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure it's in the attic, but there's no way I'm going up there. Unfortunately, R is working today so we'll have to find other activities.

Speaking of which, I'm looking for fun and inexpensive stuff for us to do this summer. I've got the free movie schedule printed out. I'll be calling the neighborhood pool to see their hours and lessons for my son E - he likes the water but hasn't learned to swim because he doesn't like getting his face wet. That's gonna have to change this year. I also had some paperwork for free bowling for kids at a local bowling alley, so I'm gonna sign E up for that. It should not only give him something fun to do, but also earn him his sports pin for Cub Scouts.

Planning for the summer is a fun way to spend Monday! Hope everyone has a blessed Memorial Day and a great week.

Move It Mondays is hosted by Kristilea at In The Lord's Path. God bless.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

How funny! I just sent you an e-mail and if I would of read this first, it would of answered one of my questions! Have a wonderful Memorial Day! (even without the pool and bbq grill!)