Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 4, 2010...

Outside my window...it's starting to feel more like summer than spring, though I expect spring showers to begin sometime this month. Meanwhile the days have been very hot, in the low to mid 80's.

I am thinking...about all the things I need to get done today.

I am thankful...my husband got back safely and my daughter will be home today.

I am going...to replenish my hubby's vitamins later on. He went to see a doctor who specializes in natural medicines. Thanks to the treatment he's been on, he's lost 18 pounds, sleeps better, hardly snores and has more energy.

I am wearing...a brown tank-top, brown and white shorts, and sandals. I'm doing lots of cleaning and laundry today, so comfort is the word.

I am remembering...the Mother's Day video our church made. Some of the children were asked about their moms. When asked if his mom is pretty, my son E said, "My mom is so pretty, I don't even have the words to describe it." Isn't that sweet? I'm indescribably pretty!

I am currently...amazed at how much better I feel just by making a few adjustments to my diet. Who knew?

I am reading...Job for morning devotions. I finished Volume 1 of Sherlock Holmes, and will be starting Volume 2.

I am waiting...for my daughter to get home.

On my mind...my sister, who is also trying to eat healthier.

From the learning rooms...E has a book report to turn in tomorrow. We'll finish working on it today.

I am pondering these words..."We spend more time thinking about what we want God to do than about what He's already done." - Pastor Bob, teaching about the Sabbath.

From the kitchen today...rice with ground beef. It's my kid's all-time favorite.

Around the house...I'll be doing about 3 loads of laundry, including bedding. Floors need mopping too.

One of my favorite things...is the dress I got at Kohl's for $19.99. It's my mother's day outfit, a pretty teal summer dress. So pretty!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Mother's Day is on Sunday. Don't forget!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I am soooo glad to hear that he made it home safe! How wonderful that you daughter will be coming home to! Will they all be with you for Mother's Day this weekend?...that would be nice.

I have more laundry to do today too. I forgot about Austin's piano lesson last night. Otherwise, I would have made my goal of accomplishing everything on my list! But, I didn't get the living room floor mopped, and I didn't get that 3rd load of laundry. All-and-all, still a great day though!

I prayed yesterday that your and my backs would hold up to all we had to do! I was icing it at bedtime, but it feels okay today, so hooray!

Arlene said...

Yes! My family will all be here for Mother's Day, praise the Lord. I've got one load in the wash, one in the dryer, and one on stand-by LOL. I've also got all 3 bedrooms cleaned and mopped, so I've been accomplishing quite a bit this morning.

Praise God, my back hasn't given me any problems. Usually it happens if I'm bending down alot, so I try not to overdue. I'm glad your back is good today, I pray you won't have any pain. Have a blessed day!

Just Ramblin' said...

I liked your comment from your pastor about spending more time thinking about what we want God to do than what he has done. That is so true. Thinking about your work around the house today...did all that yesterday. Now if it could just stay tidy and clean! Nola