Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 18, 2010...

Outside my window...hazy sunshine, very warm weather. It's supposed to rain this afternoon. I hope so; a little rain will clean up the air.

I am thinking...about how blessed I am to have such great kids.

I am thankful...for a husband who works hard to support his family.

I am going...to the eye doctor today. My glasses are just barely holding up, and I can't see with them to read anymore, so it's time for a new pair.

I am wearing...a navy blue blouse with a lavender paisley print, jeans and bronze sandals.

I am remembering...the meal we had at Ruby Tuesday's on Sunday. The food landed like a lead balloon in my stomach. I need to learn better eating out habits.

I am currently...sitting at the kitchen counter with my daughter's old laptop. Hubby had it cleaned up and added more memory, so it works alot better now.

I am reading...Psalms for morning devotions, Having a Mary Spirit for personal study, and Sherlock Holmes Volume II because I love those types of mysteries.

I am waiting...for my son, who drags his feet in the mornings.

On my mind...how much these new glasses are gonna cost :-(

From the learning rooms...reviewing multiplication and division. I'm very pleased with how well E is doing with both. He had a hard time with his 7, 8, and 9 times tables, but he's got them pretty well memorized. He also does long division well.

I am pondering these words..."Bible faith is obeying God in spite of feelings, circumstances, or consequences." - from our Wednesday evening Bible class.

From the kitchen today...tilapia. It's a Tuesday standard. Doctor told my hubby he should eat more fish, and this happens to be his favorite.

Around the house...wash bedding today.

One of my favorite things...putting on my clothes without having to suck in all the air just so I can button the pants/skirt. My clothes are fitting again!

A few plans for the rest of the week...other than the eye doctor, just standard stuff. This is the last official week for Awana - next week is awards.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I know what you mean about the glasses. Last month I was due for new glasses (after putting it off for a year) and I got 1 pair with the bifocal and the special stuff I have to have on them; a second pair was just the lenses since I was reusing a frame and it had no special features or bifocals. Even with the job discount, it cost $630! My eyes better not get any worse for at least 3 years!!!

Amy said...

great daybook. Have a nice week.

Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

I loved your Pondering Words! We enjoy Sherlock Holmes as well. I enjoyed your daybook!