Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 25, 2010...

Outside my window...another bright sunny day with a warm breeze. It's summer in South Florida, no matter what the calendar says.

I am thinking...about my car, which is in the shop as of this morning. My car is 9 years old and has been very reliable. Hopefully these repairs will keep it that way.

I am thankful...for the extra money we received on our income tax refund. It will pay for the car repairs.

I am going...to pick up my new glasses today! Hopefully. If my car gets fixed in time.

I am wearing...a burgundy blouse and jeans. And no shoes.

I am remembering...some of the stuff my mom used to pick up from the trash. Some of the stuff turned out to be useful. Other stuff, hmm, not so much.

I am currently...getting ready to do some cleaning in the front yard.

I am reading...Psalms for morning devotions, still working on Having a Mary Spirit, and almost finished with volume II of Sherlock Holmes.

I am waiting...to hear from the eye doctor that my glasses are ready for pick up.

On my mind...how life can change from one minute to the next.

From the learning rooms...E had 2 reports this week, one for music and one for language arts/reading. Both are done and turned in.

I am pondering these words..."Better is a little with the fear of the LORD, Than great treasure with trouble." - Proverbs 15:16.

From the kitchen today...baked chicken and stuffing.

Around the house...I didn't get to clean the bathroom yesterday - had to run to the bank and took longer than expected. Got alot of other stuff done though, so the day was still productive.

One of my favorite things...Weight Watchers cherry cheesecake yogurt. It tastes like the real thing!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...this is the last week for Awana. Awards will be given out tomorrow. So excited! Oh, and pick up those glasses!

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...



Speaking of picking stuff out of the trash! This solid brick planter was on the side of a road near our house with a sign that said "Free". It was there a couple of days, and I guess no one picked it up because either there was no interest or it looked too heavy. I told my daughter yesterday that I could just see it on our back patio and she said, "Go for it Mom." I don't think she actually believed I would till I set out with my oldest son and brought it home. I can't wait to get it filled with flowers! A nice piece, and the best part was the price!!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Nice planter. Now you're looking more and more like mom!! Did A totally freak out when you *did* bring it home, embarrassing her like that? LOL

Just remember to bring the planter in when those hurricane winds start blowing later in the year.

Arlene said...

LOL That's the first thing I thought of: I'm becoming my mother! It's funny, A and I drove by the planter a few times and I kept saying I wanted it, but I don't think she believed I'd actually bring it home till I told her R and I were going to get it. She wasn't embarrassed; she stayed home. Maybe R was a little embarrassed, but he didn't show it. As for hurricanes, don't think it's too much of a problem. It's solid brick and fairly heavy. Hopefully we won't have ANY hurricanes this year and that won't be an issue! :-)

Tara said...

I to had a parent that loved to bring things home, now I have a spouse. There defintly some excellent finds out there.
Thank you for stopping by today and taking the time to say hello. I see you are in Fl, I am also we live near Daytona. And yes it is summer already here!

Kristi said...

It's beautiful! I love it! I hope you get your car fixed soon, and get those new glasses!