Monday, June 28, 2010

Move It Mondays

I'm thinking of calling today's post, "Unexpected Monday." Ever have one of those days when you have everything planned out, then something comes up and throws you for a loop? Ever have it happen on a Monday? It seems to me those kinds of days always happen to me on Monday. I guess it's God's way of keeping me on my toes right from the start ;-).

I had planned my favorite morning breakfast, then:

Start pepper steak in slow cooker
Get a couple of loads of laundry done
Change all bed sheets
Clean both bathrooms
Continue working on patio furniture
Sweep floors

I got up around 7:00, but I'm feeling miserable. My sinuses are killing me. I think it may be an infection, though I've had no fever (Praise God!). My throat is also very sore. As I was brushing my teeth, J asked me to iron his shirt, then told me I would probably have to take my car to the mechanic because it was leaking water again. I was NOT happy to hear this. We got a new water pump in my car a couple of weeks ago, so there should be no leaking, yet J had already put water in 3 times since it got replaced. I decided I'd better get food in the crock pot quick, so I did that. Instead of my regular Monday morning breakfast, I opted for Chocolate Cheerios (they were on sale, buy one get one free, and are oh so yummy!). I was almost finished cleaning the kitchen when J called and said the mechanic would take a look at the car. Problem is, the shop is about 25 minutes away, which meant my schedule would be thrown off. Don't you just hate when that happens?

So I ran the car over, and while they worked on it I read "Having a Mary Spirit". It made the time go way faster. Turns out there was some radiator cap loose, which they tightened. Everything should be working great now. Of course, it meant I didn't get started on my chores till 10:15am. But I'm happy to inform, I got caught up real quick! So far, I've:

Finished the crock pot meal
Gotten 3 loads of laundry in the wash
Changed all the bed sheets
Cleaned one bathroom
Touched up 2 patio chairs, finished painting one
Had lunch

I'm so thankful that, even with the little burp in my day, I kept my focus and have accomplished much. Lunch was done before J got home which is one of my daily goals, so I'm happy for that. Now for the afternoon, I hope to rest up a bit since my sinuses and throat aren't too pleased with all this activity and I'm getting tired. After that I'd like to finish up the second bathroom and get all the laundry put away. I'll have to stop off at Lowes or Home Depot for more spray paint but I'll probably put that on tomorrow's to do list. Right now, I'm gonna keep movin' it!

Move it Mondays is hosted by Kristilea at In The Lord's Path. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Goodness girl, you had quite the day. You did WAAY better than I did, that's for sure. I just couldn't find the strength and energy today. I got the counters clean, and one load of laundry...that's it. Mike was so sweet about it though, and told me not to fret about it. I think my body is tired of trying to fight of these infections on it's own. I'm going to give it another couple of days if I can stand it. Until today, I was able to push through it, but I gave up today. I'm hoping to wake up feeling better, and I hope you can mend quickly.

I truly pray that you have seen the last of water trouble with your car now for a while. I am so proud of you for how you handled your day!