Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 1, 2010...

Outside my window...it's still lightly drizzling, which means I won't have to water the plants today. God took care of that for me :-)

I am thinking...about pride. It's the chapter I'm working on in my personal study.

I am thankful...for godly women who share their testimonies and hardships, and listen to mine. It's such an encouragement to know there are God-fearing women out there praying for me.

I am going...to finish up the laundry and clean up the rooms.

I am wearing...an olive green shirt and khaki capris.

I am remembering...my oldest son's love of everything Ninja Turtle. We were looking at pictures of him when he was 7 years old and had all the action figures and accessories. He's 23 years old now and still loves Ninja Turtles.

I am currently...planning our summer activities.

I am reading...Psalms for morning devotions, Having a Mary Spirit for personal study, and not much else. It's time for a library run.

I am waiting...for the sun to come out and dry things up so I can clean up in the yard.

On my mind...summer fun!

From the learning rooms...7 more days of school, counting today.

I am pondering these words..."My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise His holy name for ever and ever." - Psalm 145:21

From the kitchen today...tilapia and veggies. Keeping it simple.

Around the house...the standard stuff. I need to do some yard work, but that depends on whether it keeps on raining.

One of my favorite things...is rain hitting against the window in the middle of the night. It's like God singing me a lullaby. I find it so comforting.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a couple of birthday parties this weekend, and the last Cub Scout meeting. Pretty quiet otherwise.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

I’m always thankful when God waters my plants, too. I’m going to sit down and plan summer activities this morning. Have fun when you get your library run!

Kristi said...

God's watering mine as well! At least we were able to get a couple hours break yesterday, and the girls got to play in Addy's new pool. Hubby barbecued too, and it was soooo good. I wished I could of sent you some!

I'm running behind today, even though I got up so early...or maybe I'm just playing catch up and it's gonna take a while. It may be late before I get my daybook post up.

Patricia said...

Love the picture at the bottom of your page. Enjoyed reading your daybook today.

Blessings

dtbrents said...

We had talapia a veggies yesterday. Talapia is fantastic. I put blackened seasoning on it. Your blog is so pretty. I hope you have a great week. Doylene