Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 8, 2010...

Outside my window...it's a bit breezier than it's been the past week. We've had some of the hottest weather I can remember - humidity so high the thermometer was registering in the 100 degrees. It feels a little more comfortable today. Hope it lasts.

I am thinking...about what God is going to do with me next.

I am thankful...for my children, who love me despite my faults and flaws.

I am going...to switch the living and family room furniture back. I like the layout now, but the recliners need to be in the family room. They're more comfy.

I am wearing...one purple tank top over a white one, and khaki capris. And flip flops.

I am remembering...a non-stop weekend filled with birthday parties, and a phone I need to return to Walmart. I've got to put it somewhere so I don't forget it again.

I am currently...finishing up this daybook entry so I can get moving around the house.

I am reading...Proverbs for morning devotions, still working on Having a Mary Spirit, and Emma by Jane Austen again.

I am waiting...to find out my son's FCAT scores. Why does it take so long to get their test scores in? In NY I remember getting our scores before school ended; now we have to wait, sometimes till a couple weeks after school's over. Aren't computers supposed to make everything faster and more efficient?

On my mind...family.

From the learning rooms...tomorrow is the last day of school! Yay! Of course they aren't doing much these last few days, mostly playing board games. That's okay. It'll be a nice memory of the last few days of 4th grade.

I am pondering these words..."The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." - Proverbs 22:7.

From the kitchen today...chicken. I took chicken tenders out of the freezer, but I don't know what I'll do with them yet. All because I didn't prepare a menu for the week. Shame on me.

Around the house...moving furniture, cleaning floors, finishing laundry (I got a bunch done yesterday but I still have a couple or three loads to go).

One of my favorite things...a warm summer breeze. Not the kind we've been getting all week loaded with humidity. The one that plays with your hair and feels like a hug from heaven.

A few plans for the rest of the week...my son's Cub Scout graduation is on Saturday. Also my husband's grandmother's birthday party. She turned 90 last May 20. Her party is also this coming Saturday. Another busy weekend.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

2 comments:

Katharine said...

Sounds like a busy household!... Enjoyed your entry, Blessings on your day!

Kristi said...

It's getting really hot here too. Some days have been nice, but mostly just in the evenings. That's better than not anytime of day, which is what we will face soon. I'm hoping it will still cool off in the evenings for a while, because that's the only time I'm going to be able to get some exercise in without the gym membership. I don't do good in the heat, and I'm not going to walk or ride around the subdivision if it' swelltering hot and humid out there. I think in the near future, their might be a Thankful Thursday post about air conditioning!