Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 15, 2010...

Outside my window...the sky is starting to turn from blue to grey as it does everyday. That's how the rainy season works here in South Florida.

I am thinking...about some errands I need to run. I'd much rather stay home, but it's best to get it all over with.

I am thankful for...VBS and the over 200 children who attended today. Praise God for each and every one of His precious blessings.

I am going...to finish my lunch so I can get these errands done, then get some cleaning done around the house.

I am wearing...a brown blouse, teal and brown skirt, and red flip-flops. I took my brown flats off when I got home and slipped into these flip-flops 'cause they're comfy.

I am remembering...the Hardy Boys mysteries. I got one from the library to read with my son.

I am currently...enjoying lunch.

I am reading...Song of Songs for morning devotions, Having a Mary Spirit for personal study, Emma by Jane Austen, and my son and I will be doing summer reading together.

I am waiting...for the next summer rain shower. Pretty sure it'll be today.

On my mind...VBS. Today was day 2. Three more days to go.

From the learning rooms...what better learning than vacation bible school? The focus this year is on James 1:5.

I am pondering these words..."If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5.

From the kitchen today...tilapia, prepared by my daughter even after having blood drawn this morning. I'm so thankful for her!

Around the house...the floors need cleaning. Desperately.

One of my favorite things...seeing little children lift their hands in worship.

A few plans for the rest of the week...VBS. All week long.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I pray you will have a wonderful VBS and that God will touch many little hearts! May He grow the seeds that you plant!