Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 29, 2010...

Outside my window...it's fixin' to be another scorcher. The days have been soooo hot, with barely any breeze except in the afternoons, and then the breeze is warm too.

I am thankful for...air conditioning!!!

I am thinking...of a dear friend who is having surgery this Friday. She was diagnosed with a small amount of uterine cancer and will have a full hysterectomy. She's 65 years old and hasn't been in the hospital since her youngest son was born 38 years ago. We're praying for a successful operation, fast recovery with minimal pain, and no chemo.

I am going...to need more spray paint. The chairs look great, but I still have one more chair and the table to paint, plus some touch-ups here and there.

I am wearing...my jammies. It's early in the morning.

I am remembering...the Hardy Boys TV show. I used to love those mysteries (and of course Shaun Cassidy was easy on the eyes! LOL).

I am currently...finished with my breakfast of Total cereal and coffee.

I am reading...Isaiah for morning devotions, chapter 15 of Having a Mary Spirit, and one of the Hardy Boys mysteries with my son.

I am waiting...on some info from my daughter. We may have to get a loan to help defer some of her school expenses.

On my mind...I need to get deeper into the Word. I've been slacking a bit lately. Can't let busyness get the best of me.

From the learning rooms...there's a trip to the planetarium tomorrow with the cub scouts, but if I'm still sick with this sinus deal I won't take my son. I hate not going, but I don't want to be around a bunch of kids if I'm sick.

I am pondering these words..."Even one or two pieces of junk can clutter your life, trip you up spiritually, and leave you less effective for the Lord." - Joanna Weaver, Having a Mary Spirit.

From the kitchen today...chicken stir fry. I love that it's so easy to make and is loaded with vegetables.

Around the house...I managed to get alot more than I expected yesterday. Today I have one bathroom to clean and a couple more loads of laundry. I also need to sweep the floors.

One of my favorite things...this daybook!

A few plans for the rest of the week...they're showing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs for free at the movie theater this week, so we're hoping to see that. Also a library run today. I hope to get to our local pool park and find out about lessons for my son - he hasn't learned to swim because he hates getting his face wet. He needs to get over that.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I want my boys to learn how to swim this year too. If nothing else, I hope to at least get some time in the hotel pool with them. That way my husband and I will have one on one time with them, to start the learning process. We were considering a YMCA membership, but I think that will have to wait until next year. We'll see.

I am skipping the daybook today in order to catch up on what I didn't accomplish yesterday. I feel a little better, and I pray that you will be well enough to go tomorrow!

Mrs. O said...

I remember the Hardy Boys ... but I always liked Parker Stevenson the best!

I can't believe E doesn't like getting his face wet! What does he do when he takes a shower? Does he do the same thing our brother did when he was growing up ... leave his face high and dry???? :)