Friday, July 23, 2010

The Friday Five

Another Friday, only this one's different. We have Tropical Storm Bonnie coming through today. Trusting in the Lord who is stronger than the storm, I present my Friday Five questions for this week from the archives:

1) What's your favorite magazine?
I'm not a big magazine reader, but if I had to choose I'd probably say Better Homes and Gardens. I like getting ideas to make my home cozier.

2) What book are you currently reading?
Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage by Lee and Leslie Strobel. Lee Strobel is the author of The Case for Christ, and if you've ever read it you know he is an amazing writer. The book I'm reading relates the struggles Lee and his wife experienced when she became a Christian while he was an atheist. Real eye-opening experiences.

3) What's the worst book you ever read?
Wuthering Heights. The story is very dark and foreboding. Not to my taste.

4) What makes a book perfect for you?
It should teach me something. Even if it isn't written specifically as a teaching tool, I want to put it down knowing my life has changed for the better because of having read it.

5) If you could buy any book right now, which one would it be?
The Complete Collection of Sherlock Holmes. I've been reading Sherlock Holmes since my teenage years. I could read these books over and over and not get tired of them.

So, why don't you head on over to the Friday 5 and pick some questions for yourself? You might be surprised at your own answers! Have a safe (and hopefully storm free!) weekend. God bless.

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

I thought Wuthering Heights was an excellent write ... back when I read it in HS.

If I had known you wanted the Sherlock Holmes collection I would have gotten it - B&N had it on sale a month ago. Oh well.

If you're looking for books to read, I'll go through my collection and see if there's anything in there that might interest you. I know you like the classics but is there anything else? I mostly have CSI-type books, medical mysteries and such but I know I have some classics around here.