Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, July 13, 2010...

Outside my window...is proof we're in the Sunshine State. That is some powerful sunshine! It's hot out there, too - hot and muggy. I hope we start getting some cooler breezes soon.

I am thinking...about a verse God pointed out to me this morning, and about one of my daughter's friends who is in the hospital. His liver is inflammed and his white blood cell count is high, but doctors haven't figured out why.

I am thankful...for my God, who never leaves me nor forsakes me, who is constantly in my face whether to encourage or discipline me. I need that. Alot.

I am going...to be taking my son to swim classes for the next 2 weeks.

I am wearing...are you ready? A grey tank top, light blue capris, and pink flip-flops. Can you tell I'm not going anywhere right now? LOL!

I am remembering...my high school friends. They got together and posted a picture on Facebook. That brought back a flood of memories.

I am currently...enjoying my new scrapbooking station. I got one page done on Sunday, and finished another page that I'd started but couldn't figure out how to embellish it. The best part: clean up takes seconds!

I am reading...Jeremiah for morning devotions, and I finished Having a Mary Spirit, which is an awesome study guide. Now looking for my next personal study material.

I am waiting...to hear from my daughter about DB and what the doctors have found out, if anything.

On my mind...getting back to my SOAP devotions.

From the learning rooms...we really haven't been doing anything. We watch movies every night, which is fun, but we need to get reading again.

I am pondering these words..."And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13.

From the kitchen today...steak and onions. One of J's favorites.

Around the house...I need to clean the patio again. We found more flies accumulating after all the rain we got last week, and J figured out it's from the coconut palms. Apparently there is sap or milk or something oozing from the coconuts that can't be reached, and when it rains it drips onto the patio, which in turn brings the flies. If I scrub down the patio and the furniture they go away. So I'm scrubbin'. Other than that, finish up some laundry and clean bathrooms.

One of my favorite things...getting all my chores done early so I can enjoy my evenings.

A few plans for the rest of the week...library today to return some books, and swim lessons everyday. Hopefully E will learn to float before his 2 weeks are done!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...actually, I have a picture all lined up but Blogger isn't cooperating with me. I tried 3 times and it wouldn't upload. I'll have to try again later.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

No comments: