Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, July 27, 2010...

Outside my window...the sun is blaring but my flowers are happy because I just finished watering them.

I am thinking...of all the sandals I got at Payless yesterday. Five pairs for $19 total. Just in time for vacation! I got $2 brown flip flops, $3 skinny strap sandals (3 pair in white, pink and teal) and $8 white braid flip flops that are pretty enough to wear with a skirt.

I am thankful...for God leading me to the perfect store with the perfect sale.

I am going...to take a shower when I finish this daybook entry. It's really hot outside!

I am wearing...a grey tank top, ratty old grey capris and no shoes. I just got in from doing yardwork, okay?

I am remembering...friends from my old job. Spoke to one of them yesterday. It's nice to hear from them every so often.

I am currently...sitting under the ceiling fan in my daughter's bedroom, trying to cool off.

I am reading...Ezekiel for morning devotions, and still reading Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage.

I am waiting...patiently for the next two weeks to go by so we can go on vacation!!!

On my mind...my flowers. I hope my oldest son remembers to water them. It's so hot out everyday that I have to water them daily, sometimes twice a day so they don't dry out.

From the learning rooms...E is reading one hour per day on his own. That's about it.

I am pondering these words..."Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship." - Romans 12:1.

From the kitchen today...homemade lasagna. Soooo delicious!

Around the house...I think I have things under control. I would like to get everything done before we leave on vacation, but thankfully I should have enough time (famous last words).

One of my favorite things...playing board games with my family. We laugh and have such a good time.

A few plans for the rest of the week...E is still taking swim lessons; he advanced to level 2 which is a big accomplishment for a child who absolutely did NOT want to learn how to swim. I also would like to start a packing list of sorts, to make sure we don't forget anything on our trip. We're all so excited!

No picture thought this week; I may post pictures of my son swimming later on this week if I have a chance.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Are your flowers struggling to make it as much as mine are? You are fortunate to have your son home to tend to them, even if he forgets a time or two. I'm afraid all of mine will be dead by the time we get home. My neighbor will try, but I can't expect her to water all of them twice a day, so I'll enjoy them until we leave. I'm sure only my mums will remain!

What a great sale! How awesome..God is good! I had a sale myself, and I think I'll post about it soon!

Mandy said...

Stopping by from The Simple Woman...it's nice to hear someone out there had lasagna for dinner, I've been craving it, but for me it's a weekend dish. Something to consider for Sunday! Have a wonderful rest of the week!