Friday, July 2, 2010

Thankful Thursdays



Today's post is a little late. Okay, it's a LOT late. Today is Friday. But it doesn't mean I'm not thankful; I just didn't get on the computer yesterday. Lots of activities going on now that E is not in school. I love being his mom!


On to my thankfulness post. I'm very thankful for modern medicine and caring doctors. I was feeling miserable since last Friday due to what appeared to start as allergies but kept getting worse. I was so congested I couldn't sleep, which meant my hubby J couldn't sleep either. I called my doctor, who saw me the same day. Before she even came in to see me, she sent the nurse in to get a blood sample. I figured she was looking at my white blood cell count to determine if there was an infection, but I was only partially right. Because Dr. K knows I have a tendency to be anemic, she also ran my red blood cell count. When she came in to see me, she examined me and told me that yes, I was extremely congested (which I knew), and yes, there was infection present. She prescribed a strong antibiotic and instructed me to have yogurt with it so it wouldn't irritate my stomach. Then she told me my iron levels had gone up from the last time she'd seen me. Praise God!! That was great news! I told her I had followed her instructions, was taking my vitamins and eating foods high in iron. She gave me a big smile and told me it was nice to have such a good patient. She is a real encourager, always takes her time and listens. I've been taking my medicines as instructed, and after just 2 days I feel so much better. The swelling has gone down, and praise God I can breath! Thank the Lord and sweet Dr. K for taking care of me.

This month Thankful Thursdays is hosted by Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage. God bless.

No comments: