Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 3, 2010...

Outside my window...the sun is shining after what appears to have been quite a bit of rain last night. I didn't hear it raining, but when I got up everything was drenched and there were puddles everywhere. Which means I don't have to water the plants today :-).

I am thinking...about all the packing that needs to get done, the laundry that needs to get washed, and the lists that need to be finished. It's gonna be a busy week!

I am thankful for...this vacation we're going on. We leave on Sunday. Thank You Lord for this great gift!

I am going...to the library to return everything we have. Don't want to get any late fees while we're on vacation.

I am wearing...a navy blue polka dotted blouse, light blue capris and brown flip-flops. Typical South Florida attire.

I am remembering...our previous vacations. Lord willing this will be one of the best ones yet!

I am currently...about half way done with packing my son's and my clothes. Still need to get J's suitcase ready and start filling it up.

I am reading...still on Ezekiel, and still reading Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage. It's amazing how understanding a situation can lead to behavioral changes on my end that help our home life overall.

I am waiting...till 11:30 to start lunch. I've got plenty of other stuff to get done (including this daybook LOL!!).

On my mind...my son and his unrelenting fear of diving. He can swim just fine, but when it comes to the diving board, he has an absolute meltdown. Praying he can overcome his fear while we're at the pool at the resort.

From the learning rooms...this summer learning has been more about swimming than school lessons. Not all learning comes from a book; some things must be hands-on.

I am pondering these words..."No matter what goes right, no matter what goes wrong, God is in control. And one day - maybe not tomorrow, or even next week - I'll see things His way. So I might as well just throw back my head and laugh." - Phil Callaway, Who Put the Skunk in the Trunk?

From the kitchen today...southwestern chicken soup. I'll have to post the recipe for it. It's one of my son R's favorites, and it's so easy to make!

Around the house...I'm gonna be doing laundry so I can continue packing. We'll be away from home for 6-10 days, depending on what J's bosses tell him. I need to pack accordingly. I also need to wash the car inside and out, and leave the house organized. Nothing I hate more than coming home to a messy house!

One of my favorite things...is vacationing in Orlando! As long as I'm there, I feel like a kid again.

A few plans for the rest of the week...packing, packing, and more packing! Library today, maybe a movie tomorrow or Thursday. All packing must be completed by Friday, since Saturday the Cub Scouts will be fishing and it's an all-day outing. My daughter A will be home on Friday (yay!) so we need to prepare for her arrival too. Maybe bake some cupcakes? We'll have to see!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Have a wonderful and productive day!