Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 12, 2010...

Outside my window...the clouds are looming. Looks like it's gonna rain. Of course, here in South Florida, that might mean a 10 minute downpour and a sunshiny day. We'll just have to see.

I am thinking...about my grandfather. Today would have been his birthday. He died in 2002 just a few months shy of his 100th birthday.

I am thankful...my daughter is okay. She was having some pains in her chest, but thankfully it turned out to be a pulled muscle. No basketball for awhile.

I am going...to continue painting today. I got more done yesterday than I'd planned, for which I'm also thankful.

I am wearing...a navy blue shirt with a lavender paisley design, black capris and white flip-flops. It's 76 degrees outside, so still pretty warm.

I am noticing...the living room looks brighter with the lighter tone of paint. I'm glad I went lighter; with the dark accent wall it would have looked like a dungeon with darker paint.

I am currently...painting the living room and kitchen. I have one long wall in the living room to do today, and the walls by the garage door in the kitchen.

I am reading...John for morning devotions, and I finished both Agatha Christie books. Time for a new one!

I am waiting...for my son to finish getting ready so I can take him to school.

On my mind...the holidays. They're coming up, you know.

From the learning rooms...E is having trouble with word problems again. He was doing well in math, but he got a very low grade on one test. It's one step forward, two steps back sometimes, but I'm hoping we can work on this.

I am pondering these words..."In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18.


From the kitchen today...baho. It's a Nicaraguan beef stew made with lots of root vegetables. My hubby commented he'd like to eat it so I'm attempting to make it in the crock pot. Hopefully it will be delicious!

Around the house...I'll be doing some laundry, oh, and did I mention I'm painting?

One of my favorite things...the smell of good, quality paint. It smells like a new house.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'll be painting, painting, and in between other stuff, painting. I have walls and baseboards to paint so it takes a while. I'm loving it though! Library today, Awana tomorrow, Cub scouts on Thursday. Typical week, if it weren't for the painting!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Word problems are a struggle for this whole house! haha! I feel for your son...

Our weather sounds just like yours. We can experience it ALL in one day!