Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 14, 2010...

Outside my window...it's C-O-L-D!!!! I can't believe it was 36 degrees this morning and is only 49 degrees now. We're in South Florida! It shouldn't be this cold!

I am thinking...where has the time gone?

I am thankful...that the Lord has given me another year to celebrate, and that He never thought I was too far gone that I wasn't worth His time.

I am going...out to "linner" with my family (too late for lunch, too early for dinner) for my birthday.

I am wearing...a white sweater over a light blue button down shirt, blue jeans and socks.

I am noticing...how easily the weather fluctuates here. It was in the upper 70's on Sunday, the low 50's yesterday and the 30's this morning.

I am currently...trying to keep the house warm.

I am reading...my morning devotions. That's pretty much it for now.

I am waiting...till I pick up my youngest son from school before I open my birthday presents.

On my mind...how blessed I am. The Lord has been very good to me.

From the learning rooms...my daughter is done for the semester and is back home (yay!) and this is E's last week of school. Vacations are welcome!

I am pondering these words..."Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: “ Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!” - Luke 2:10-14.

Around the house...nothing much to do today other than some laundry, which I already finished.

One of my favorite things...the Charlie Brown Christmas special.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we're hosting my nephew's graduation party. He graduates from college this week, and his party will be in our yard on Saturday. Hope it isn't too cold!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

No comments: